Order status notification is sent when order status is cancelled

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 7 months ago #310817

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1,
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11

Hi,

When an order is cancelled, the status notification is sent. This only has to happen when the order is confirmed.
We have al kinds of thank you for the order messages in it and it looks like a confirmation.

The order status is canceled in the hikashop overview.

I have 2 attachements:
- the email settings
- the order status

Thanks and greetings,
Robert

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 7 months ago #310840

Hi,

The order status notification is sent when:
- the order status is being changed
- a "send notification" flag is activated
This "send notification" flag is activated either:
- when you manually change the status of an order in the backend and activate the "send notification to customer" checkbox
- when a payment plugin changes the status of an order and set that flag.
So basically, if it's not because you've changed the status manually with the notification checkbox checked, but it happened automatically during a payment notification to the payment plugin which changed the status of the order automatically, the issue comes from the payment plugin you're using.
Which payment plugin are you using ? I've never heard such issue with the payment plugins we developed ourselves so if it's a third party developer, I'm afraid you'll have to contact them for further help on that issue.

4 years 7 months ago #310846

Hi Nicolas,

Our webshop is in the Netherlands, so we are using Ideal payments with the CCideal plugin from Chillcreations.
It that isn't a plugin you would use. What plugin would you recommend?

We also use Hika pdf invoice and the strange thing is that the pdf is added when a payment is succesful. When it is not the pdf is not attached.
So looks like this is working fine. Maybe this information could be useful for you?

Greets, Robert

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by jivesand.

4 years 7 months ago #310855

Hi,

CCIdeal works fine as far as I know. So I would recommend you contact their support so that they can help you with this issue.

The PDF invoice plugin attaches the PDF to the email notification based on how the statuses are configured. And by default, it only attaches the PDF when the order is confirmed or shipped. So it's normal that you don't get it in the cancelled notification.

4 years 7 months ago #310888

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for thinking along and for the help. I really appreciate that. The cancellation works again. A text line appears in the mail indicating that the order has been canceled.

However, it is not that obvious for the customer because we still have the same mail subject and the mail content looks the same.

Is it possible not to send the mail if the order is canceled?

If that is not an option: it is possible to change the subject of the mail with your own text. Is it also possible to adjust the text of the mail if an order has been canceled?

Greeting, Robert

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 7 months ago #310931

Hello Robert,

Is it possible not to send the mail if the order is canceled?

If that is not an option: it is possible to change the subject of the mail with your own text. Is it also possible to adjust the text of the mail if an order has been canceled?

Sure,

You'll be able to do both via "Hikahsop->System->Emails" by managing emails sent to your customers.

We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed.

4 years 7 months ago #310953

Hi Mohamed,

That's now working right now. We are using 'Order status notification' and it can return both mails. The mail when a payment is succesful is sent. But also the mail is sent when a payment is cancelled.

The problem is that this is the same mail. So it looks like the customer made a succesful order while he cancelled the order. In that case he doesn't need to receive the mail.

Greets, Robert

4 years 7 months ago #310962

Hi,

As I explained in a previous message here ( www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/898272-o...ancelled.html#310840 ), it is not HikaShop who decides whether to send the email or not when the order status changes.
It's either you when you change the status via the interface, or the payment plugin when it's done automatically by the payment plugin.
So that's why I recommended you to contact the support of developer of the plugin as we don't know how their code is made or which option is available in the plugin to control the sending of the email notification or not.

4 years 6 months ago #311467

I have been in contact with the builder of CCideal. He indicated to investigate what the possibilities are, but for now it seems that we are therefore sending an email in both cases.

In the mail itself I indicate the status notification with the tag {TXT: ORDER_CHANGED}. Is it possible to include this in the subject of the mail?

4 years 6 months ago #311476

Hi,

In the subject, you can use such tag {order_status} and you'll get the order status in the notification email subject.

4 years 6 months ago #311494

Hi Nicolas,

I'm using the {order_status} tag in the subject, but it is showing the english text instead of the dutch. I have changed the language file in both Dutch and English but it is still showing the english line.

CONFIRMED="bevestigd"
CANCELLED="geannuleerd"
ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED="bevestigd"
ORDER_STATUS_CANCELLED="geannuleerd"

Am I looking at the wrong place?

4 years 6 months ago #311495

Hi,

The tags in the subject display the raw data from the database. There is no system to translate the order_status for the subject.
That would require some PHP programing in the preload of the email.
You could replace the tag in $mail->subject there.
For example with such code:

$mail->subject = str_replace('{order_status}',hikashop_orderStatus($data->order_status), $mail->subject);

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds