Mini cart link

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 4 months ago #313691

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.luxminime.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.25

Hi,

Currently when you click 'My Cart' it takes you to the Checkout page. ScreenShot 019
Is there a way to be directed to the Cart View page? ScreenShot 020

Also, is there a way not to display the default shipping cost on the first page of the checkout, as this changes once the address has been filled in?

Regards,
Colin.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 4 months ago #313695

Hi,

1. You would have to edit the file "cart" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and change the line:

<a class="hikashop_small_cart_checkout_link" href="<?php echo $link; ?>"<?php echo $extra_data; ?>>
to:
<a class="hikashop_small_cart_checkout_link" href="https://www.luxminime.com/en/view-cart"<?php echo $extra_data; ?>>

2. You would have to edit the file "show_block_cart" via the menu Display>Views. That will require a few modifications so it's not just one line to change as you need to recalculate the total without the shipping and also add a condition based on the current step of the checkout. So it's possible, but it requires a bit of development work.

4 years 4 months ago #313699

Thanks Nicolas.

Is there any way not to show a delivery cost prior to the customer entering their address?

Regards,
Colin.

4 years 4 months ago #313702

Hi,

There is. If you're not using the guest checkout, then you can restrict your shipping methods with the "access level" setting to registered users.
That way, no shipping methods will be found before the login/registration, and thus no shipping fee will be added to the cart before you're logged in.
But since you're using the guest checkout as I saw on your website, you can't use this trick. So the only option left is to change the code of the show_block_cart view as I was saying in my previous message.

4 years 4 months ago #313715

Hi Nicolas,

We need the guest checkout option, but I'm pretty sure we are losing sales because some buyers think they have to pay for postage when it might actually be free. Is there a way to make our free option the standard so it shows as zero until they add their address?

Regards,
Colin.

4 years 4 months ago #313721

Hi,

Ah yes, if you have a free shipping method, then just make sure that its ordering is lower than the other ones. That will it will be the first one of the list on your website and it will be automatically selected. Note that to test this, you need to clear your user session and cart (log out if you're logged in, delete the cart in the backend, and login again (or use another browser) ).
Also, if your shipping methods are restricted by zone, you need to make sure that your free shipping method is available in the "main tax zone" that you've configured in your HikaShop configuration. Otherwise, if the free shipping method isn't available for the default zone before the user enters his address, the system won't be able to pre select it.

4 years 4 months ago #313725

Hi Nicolas,

I've reordered the shipping methods in the plugin (screenshot attached) and cleared cache etc., but it appears to be the same.

Could you clarify how I make sure the free shipping method is available in the Main Tax Zone. I'm not sure where to do this.

Regards,
Colin.

Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago #313728

Hi,

The ordering of your shipping methods is not correct.
The free shipping methods should have a lower order as I explained in my previous message.
On your screenshot it's the opposite.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds