Price of payment method sometimes incorrect

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 1 month ago #315474

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hello,
There is an odd problem with the price of payments methods during the checkout.
The shop uses two credit carts payment methods and the costs are 2.25%. Other payment methods are free.
We have about 200 orders per month. Most customers are Dutch, some are Belgian. About 20 customers per month select a credit card payment.

And something goes wrong with about 4 orders.

• Case 1: the customer selects a free payment method. However in the order management in the backend and in the Order Creation notification a payment fee of 2.25% is shown. But this amount is not included in the total price of the order. So the customer is paying the correct amount.
    However in the Order Administrator Notification the payment fee is included in the total amount, and one of the credit cards is incorrectly stated as chosen payment method.
  • Case 2: the customer selects credit card payment. In the order management and in the Order Creation notification no payment fee is shown. But in fact a payment fee is included in the total price of the order. Alas this fee is incorrect, less then 2.25%. So the customer is paying an incorrect amount.
    In the Order Administrator Notification no payment fee is included in the total amount, and one of the free payment methods is incorrectly stated as chosen payment method.
    It could be that Case 2 only happens for customers from Belgian.

Quite a chaos, I hope you can make sense of it.
What can cause such a problem?

Thanks,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 month ago #315480

Hi,

I suppose this comes from the fact that you might have activated the "payment of orders not paid immediately" in the HikaShop configuration. Thanks to do the customers can go in their orders history on the frontend (or use the payment link on the order creation notification email they get) to pay after the checkout. And if you also activated the possibility for them to change their payment method, it could result in the fee changing.
For example if you had a different fee years ago and the customer paid for that order recentely, you would get an order with a different fee than you expect even though it's all normal for the customer since that's what he got years ago when the order was created.
You can check if the issue is something like that by looking at the history of these orders. If the creation date of the order is different than the date when the order was confirmed then it's indeed an order that wasn't paid directly.
Note also that with recent versions of HikaShop, we made several patchs regarding the payment of orders from the orders history which might help with the situation. So updating to the latest version would be a good first step I think.
Also, supposing that the issue comes from really old unpaid orders that were paid later on, you might want to put something in place to cancel old orders automatically.

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 1 month ago #315564

Hi Nicolas,

Indeed, the option "payment of orders not paid immediately" and the possibility to change payment method are activated.

And in all cases the payment was not done directly, as I discovered in the order history.
Payment was done short time later, I guess by using the payment link in the mail.
So it's not about orders from long time ago. Ordering and paying are done within a few minutes or hours.

In Case 1 (payment fee is shown but not included in the total amount) the customer first selected a payment with fee, but changed it into a free payment method).
In Case 2 (no payment fee is shown but an incorrect (too low) payment fee is included in the total amount) the customer first selected a free payment method, but changed it into a payment with fee).

Do you expect upgrading to the newest version will eliminate this behaviour?

I always postpone upgrading when the new versions don't have new features I need. It's a lot of work to remake the overrides.

Regards,
Udo

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 month ago #315565

Hi,

Yes, I think upgrading should help.
Regarding the overrides, we didn't change massive things in the views since the 3.5.1 (nothing like a full new cart and new checkout system like it happened in the 3.0.0) so it should be way easier for you.

Also, note that instead of copy/pasting the whole code of the original view file in the override, there are ways to make your overrides last :
- You potentially change the variables that will be used by the original view file
- You open a buffer with ob_start
- You require the original file
- You get the HTML of the original file with ob_get_clean
- You use str_replace or preg_replace to modify the HTML
- You echo the HTML

Doing it like that, you have way higher chances that your overrides will keep working in the future and what's great is that your overrides will automatically get all the new features since you work around the original view files and not a copy of them.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds