Address editing when not all required fields are filled in

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 1 month ago #316383

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A

Hi, currently during the checkout process, the buyer is presented the form for address registration if no address is present in the DB.
But it may happen that an address entry is present but not all fields that are required have a value, for example because the admin has set as required some fields that before were not required in the default configuration, like the postal code that is required by PayPal. So we can have a number of customers with existing but uncompleted address.
The same situation may happen when synchronizing Joomla user profile with Hikashop address: the Joomla user profile can have some fields with values inserted during Joomla registration and replicated to Hikashop address table but not all Hikashop address fields are filled in.

Then it would be useful that during checkout, when HikaShop looks for an existing address entry, it additionally checks also if all fields marked as required have a value and, if not, it shows the form to the user to complete the address instead of using a partial address that can cause failed transactions with some payment plugins.
Can it be added in a future release?
Thanks a lot

Giuse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 1 month ago #316391

Hello Giuse,

Note that you can actually define which address field have to be required or not, via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields".

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

4 years 1 month ago #316405

Hi Mohamed, I know, but my request was different: you have 1000 customers in the DB and postal code is not required (it is the default), then you decide to set postal code as required since PayPal requires.
I'd like that when these 1000 users will log in next time, they are presented with the address form to fill the postal code since now it is required instead of using an address where a required field is empty.
cheers

Giuse

• Thank you received: 13065
4 years 1 month ago #316434

Hi,

That's a good idea.
I've added a check for the next version of HikaShop to prevent the customer to proceed if the selected billing/shipping address has some missing fields to ask him to edit it before proceeding.

4 years 1 month ago #316487

Great, Nicolas! I wait for the next update (4.3 in March?) for that.
thanks again

Giuse

• Thank you received: 13065
4 years 1 month ago #316493

Hi,

It won't be in March but it will be in April

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds