do not display "Delivery" in the basket step 1

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 1 week ago #317635

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3...

Hello,

I understand that the delivery costs will be calculated once the address is filled. In step 1 I display the basket and I have a delivery line at 0.00 € which appears. Ok normal that it is zero.
But I would like at this 1st step not to display this line of "Delivery at Zero"
is it possible to do it easily?
I have not managed to find any help on this subject, thank you in advance for your help.

Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by philament.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 1 week ago #317637

Hi,

Yes. Actually the cart will only display the shipping cost if there is a shipping method available and selected.
So that means that you have already a shipping method available with a cost of 0 before the user fills in his address.

Now I don't know how you configured your shipping methods, so I can't say precisely what to do. I can only say that you need to make it so that shipping methods are not available before the user enter the address.

Alternatively, you might be able to use a bit of CSS to hide the shipping fee area of the cart in the view.

The following user(s) said Thank You: philament

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319025

nicolas wrote: Alternatively, you might be able to use a bit of CSS to hide the shipping fee area of the cart in the view.

Hi Nicolas, it seems hiding the shipping fee only helps if the shipping fee is zero.
In my configuration, the first shipping method available has a cost of 8€. I'd like not to show it at step 1, but the total amount appears as the result of "prices + taxes + shipping" even if the shipping fee is hidden. that shipping method is always shown even without knowing client delivery address.

Is there a way to not display "delivery" in the step 1 cart view ?
or what is the right configuration in order to have no delivery cost until the the client gives its address ?

3 years 11 months ago #319027

Hi,

Since you have a checkout with login/registration, and the selection of the shipping method is only after that step, you can configure the "access level" of your shipping methods to the "registered" user group via the menu System>Shipping methods menu in the backend of HikaShop.
That way, on your first step of the checkout, where you only have the cart view, no shipping method will be found if you're not already logged in, and thus no shipping fee will appear there (and if you're logged in, it will be based on the address you already have in the system, so the shipping fee should already be the one you'll pay after so it shouldn't be a problem)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thierry H., philament

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319092

Thank you Nicolas.

I have given it a try and it works fine, except for those who want to buy as "Guest" ?

When a guest goes through checkout, it's ok at step 1 (cart view without any delivery). Then he fills the form with its email and address...
And no shipping method can be found because the guest is a HikaShop user and is not a Joomla registered user.

How would you deal with guests ?

3 years 11 months ago #319093

Hi,

The solution I proposed would indeed not work if you had guest checkout activated since you can't separate guests in the access levels.
Alternatively, you could change the "main tax zone" setting of HikaShop to a zone you don't want to ship to like antartica and then create a zone of the type "shipping" with all the other country zones as sub zones.
Then, in your shipping methods select that shipping zone in the zone setting and the shipping methods will only appear after the users have entered their address.

Note that we're also working on an extra setting in the cart view of the checkout workflow to remove the shipping fee from the cart display (and don't have it in the total either of course). This will make it easier to set it up since you won't have to go through that work around.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thierry H.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319128

nicolas wrote: Alternatively, you could change the "main tax zone" setting of HikaShop to a zone you don't want to ship to like antartica and then create a zone of the type "shipping" with all the other country zones as sub zones.
Then, in your shipping methods select that shipping zone in the zone setting and the shipping methods will only appear after the users have entered their address.

I will give it a try. Thanks Nicolas !

nicolas wrote: Note that we're also working on an extra setting in the cart view of the checkout workflow to remove the shipping fee from the cart display (and don't have it in the total either of course). This will make it easier to set it up since you won't have to go through that work around.

Great ! :) This extra setting will make happy many Hikashop users. When did you plan to release this new setting ?

3 years 11 months ago #319133

Hi,

During the summer. No precise date has yet been set for the next release. There is usually 2/3/4 months between each release and the last one was 3 weeks ago.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thierry H.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319261

Estupendo ! Good ! Wunderbach ! Nickel !

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds