• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321701

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : 68.0.3618.173

HI,
we have people who work at the university where our shop is located and often put their home address into the checkout address form.

The shipping module detects that they are not on campus (i.e. different postcode) and doesn't offer the 'on campus delivery' option to them.

How can we prompt them to omit or use the campus postcode if they're wanting a delivery to their office? Is there a tool tip or something simple?

Regards,
Ian and Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 9 months ago #321712

Hi,

What you could do is move the shipping methods selection before the address selection in your "checkout workflow". And in the "on campus delivery" shipping method, you could activate the "override shipping address" setting so that the shipping address address doesn't appear and remove also the restriction on the post code.
Now I don't know if you need the address of the person on the campus for the shipping ? I suppose you already know his address on the campus if you know his name.

Now there is no system to remove a custom address field or force its value base on the selected shipping method. That would require developing a custom plugin to change the post code of the shipping address when an order is created with that shipping method selected.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321735

Thanks for that advice but it's more that we'd like to guide them by including some custom help or a link to 'page help' information on these cart/shipping pages. There may be a simple solution for this and we're not aware of it.

Regards,
Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 9 months ago #321747

Hello,

guide them by including some custom help or a link to 'page help' information

Can you give us more information about it through some screenshots for example, so that we can properly advise you ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321835

Hi,
I've attached an image with a red square where we'd like to have a 'Help' or '?' link to provide 'page help'. We find that people prefer the page with all selections over the drop downs but a few get confused and require some contextual help. Link to a pop-up help would be ideal or, at the very least, the ability to link to an article with help information.

Regards,
Ian and Stu

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 9 months ago #321843

Hi,

Then how about using the "text" view in your "checkout workflow" ?
That way, you can add the HTML you want in between the different views.
And your HTML can have links etc.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321875

Thanks,
that did the trick and solved my issue.

Kind regards,
Ian and Stu

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds