Hoe to use Privacy Policy as guest

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
3 years 8 months ago #322695

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 6.3.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firfoc latest

Finally, I almost managed to integrate the GDPR component form storejextentions on the checkout page.

The situation is as follows: when a guest is going to his card to finalize his order, is step two he can select if he wants to log in or go on as a guest.
In the case of a guest, he needs to set a checkbox of the privacy policy. This places the information in the database.

This is working when he is filling in everything. If he forgot to set the checkbox he can't go on. So far no issue.

But if the same user is only setting the checkbox, he is redirected back to the register page (login/guest) and will ask to fill the rest in.
Because the form has already been send and the Privacy Checkbox was set the privacy setting is registered in the database. This is not the proper way because not all field where filled is.

How can I solve it that when not all fields are filled in, but the privacy policy is set, the form is still not be sent? Something with javascript/jquery in the cjeckout.show.php?

I treid to use the defautl joomle solution, but I can't get it working for guest account. Please advice/help

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Ginius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 8 months ago #322698

Hi,

To plug yourself to the checkout form submission in javascript, you can do something like that:

<script>
window.Oby.registerAjax("checkoutFormSubmit",function(checkoutForm){ 
  // run your code
});
</script>
Now the default privacy consent system plugin is already compatible with the registration form of the checkout, and the default privacy consent content plugin is compatible with the guest form of the checkout.
So you need to make sure you configure both plugins if you want a checkbox for both the registration form and the guest form.
That's probably why you thought it didn't work for the guest form.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 8 months ago #322746

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the suggestion

I try to use the default Privacy consent of Joomla, but in Hikashop it is not showed not by guest and nog in registration. If I use directly to Joomla registration I see it.

What am I doing wrong?

3 years 8 months ago #322749

Hi,

It could be that you have view overrides without the additions we've made since the GDPR came out to support these plugins.
So check if you have the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout via FTP and if you do, try renaming it temporarily to deactivate the view overrides on the checkout and check if you still have the issue.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 8 months ago #322777

Hi Nicolas,

I did that without any success. I guess I missed something the enable the privacy consent in Hikashop.

If I look into the code I see:

if(!empty($this->options['privacy'])) {
and
if(!empty($this->options['privacy_guest'])) {

Both options are empty. So iI guess I missed somewhere something.

Please help

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by nicolas.

3 years 8 months ago #322787

Hi,

If these are empty, it means that HikaShop doesn't see the privacy plugins of Joomla, either because they are not there, or they are unpublished or set to an access level which prevents HikaShop from seeing them.
I would recommend to check the options of these two plugins ( content / confirmconsent and system / privacyconsent )

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 8 months ago #322807

HI Nicolas,

To be sure I was not working with the old data set of hikashop, I re-installed Joomla, Hkashop, and my template. plugins..
After that I enabled both privacy plugins (see the image below).

Fater that I check if the plugin was working in Joomla. And it is see image below.

During the guest checkout I don't see the privacy consent but als not when I'm going to register via Hikashop (see images below).

As I told before: int the file checkout / sub_block_login_registration.php I see the code:

if(!empty($this->options)) {

and

if(!empty($this->options)) {

This suggest that somewhere the option needs to be set. But I can't find where to enable these setting.

So what am I doning wrong? I totaly out of ideas. Probebly it is something very simple that I oversee.

Please help. This drives me crazy.

Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #322810

Hi,

You don't have the plugin content / confirmconsent on your screenshot.
The word "privacy" is not in the name of the plugin, so that's probably why you didn't find it and didn't enable it.
And thus that would explain why you don't see it on the guest form of the checkout.
Regarding your second screenshot, it doesn't look like the registration form of the checkout, but like the registration form of the HikaShop registration page. I check the situation there, and the system / privacyconsent plugin is integrated to it but only if you have the "enable bootstrap v2 design" setting deactivated in the HikaShop configuration as otherwise, it uses a view file where the integration hasn't been made. so please check on that.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 8 months ago #322819

Hi Nicoals,

Indeed I forgot to enable the plugin confirmconsent. Now it's on the Guestcheckout Page.

On the registration still not (or it is because I enabled it during the first step).

BTW the Privacy Suite I can't see that it is not recorded.

Bootstrap design is on.

We are almost there. What's else?

Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #322825

Hi,

As I said, it will only appear if the "use bootstrap design" setting is OFF, not on.
I suppose that's what you're missing for the registration form.

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 8 months ago #322830

Hello, please the moderators of this forum to stop the emails related to this post, even if I clicked on unsubscribe I still receive the emails!

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds