One product checkout

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 6 months ago #324532

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22

Hello there,

I would like to configure Hikashop to go straight to the checkout, as soon as the "Add to cart" button is pressed. To accomplish this I have:
- disabled "HikaShop Cart notification Plugin"
- disabled the cart module
- set the cart limit to "1"

Could you please let me know:

1) is it OK to disable the "HikaShop Cart notification Plugin"? Will it cause any issues?

2) Now, if I enter the checkout screen, but then go back to the product listing without completing the purchase - if I select a different product and get routed to the checkout again - then the first product is still there ( and the newly selected product is ignored). The user has to delete the first product on the checkout screen.

Is there a way to clear out the "cart" if the user either leaves the checkout page or (b) selects a new item?

Many thanks
Marcus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 6 months ago #324533

Hi,

1. There is no problem in doing that.
Note however that you can activate it and configure it to redirect to the checkout with a small delay in order to allow for the display of the notification box.

2. You should leave the "HikaShop Cart notification Plugin" enabled and configure it to redirect to the checkout on success.
That way, when the add to cart is not possible because another product is already in the cart, the customer will see the notification popup with a message telling him that only one product can be in the cart.
There is no mechanism to auto remove the products in the cart when leaving the checkout. That would be possible with the development of a custom plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds