Shipping set to "read only" not working

• Thank you received: 747
3 years 6 months ago #324627

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.23

Hi,

The system is configured to show always only one single shipping method, so it sure makes sense to set the section to "read only".

Except, it doesn't work. With "read only = no" it gives me a select or radio, depending on setting, But with "read only = yes" it produces only an empty table tag. Please see screenshots, and please rest assured that nothing else had been altered in between screenshots.

By the way, it's working fine with payment methods.

Thanks for a fix.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 6 months ago #324644

Hello,

I wasn't able to reproduce that issue on my end, can you test it with one of Joomla's default template to make sure you don't have any customization ? Thank you.

If you're still having that issue, can you give us a temporary back-end access to your website so that we can directly test it ? You can send it using our contact form by adding a link to that thread in your message :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 6 months ago #324674

Thanks Mohamed,

I had switched to Protostar when checking and before posting. Anyway, I'm now using a different solution as I have to move on. Perhaps I get back to this later again and, if it persists, then either set up a virgin site or clone the one in question for you to double-check.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

3 years 6 months ago #324676

Hello,

I just succeed to reproduce that issue which was happening only when one shipping method was available.
If it's not too late, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you !

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

3 years 6 months ago #324696

Thanks Mohamed, sounds good.

Yes, as I said,

The system is configured to show always only one single shipping method...

I wouldn't know what "read only" would be good for if there were multiple usable shipping methods on offer -- wouldn't make sense to me.

I'll try your fix at some next opportunity. If you don't hear from me anymore, it was good... otherwise I'll be back here, hehe.

Just FYI, in the meantime I had edited my view to "dynamically" to show a read-only format if there's only one single usable shipping method, or the regular select option if there are multiple. And, while at it, the same for payment methods. Obviously just very little extra code and - at least in my opinion - much more "elegant": works for all situations and cases, and appears to be making the best sense for customers as well = better UX. ;)

3 years 6 months ago #324700

Hi again,

Ok, indeed the mystery is solved now.

When changing my scenario to multiple shipping methods offered, I also stumbled over the bug that the default one wasn't pre-selected, as reported also by others here in the forum. That caused nothing being displayed with "read only", obviously. And installing the latest and greatest as suggested by you fixed it all then. So, thanks for that.

Please allow me this final note:
When I said

I wouldn't know what "read only" would be good for if there were multiple usable shipping methods on offer

then because I interpreted "read only" strictly as that: options displayed (all, if multiple), just no way to select. Admittedly, I had not yet read the documentation on that particular... but who does that when things seem obvious...
Hence, I'd think changing the "Read only" label to something like "Only display default" could be easier to understand?

Or make it it the mentioned option instead: if enabled, in case of multiple usable methods it'll give the customer the choice to select, but if there's only one single method it displays it as "read only"?

Anyway, case closed for me. Thanks again for the fix.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

3 years 6 months ago #324714

Hello,

Yes you're right, we should at least add a tool-tip for that checkout option too ! I'll add it to our Todo list.

Thanks again for your feedback !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds