Custom checkout workflow step

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 6 months ago #324687

-- url of the page with the problem -- : iytnet.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : please read the message as I have described the requirement in detail

Hi,
I am having a requirement where I have to add a custom step in checkout. The custom step in the checkout workflow will be displaying a text information such as "your order has been created. Please proceed for payment by clicking Next/Finish button". I have gone through couple of similar questions in forum and I understood that a custom step can be added. Concern here is how to break the current hikashop logic of order creation. I have to create the order first (in db) then display the message as custom step and then customer will proceed to payment by clicking Next/Finish button. In current process, hikashop creates the order in db (in final step) and does redirection to the payment gateway. I want to modify this flow by stopping the redirection and showing custom message as a step in checkout workflow and then on clicking on "Next" button user will be redirected to the payment gateway which was selected by user in one of the checkout steps. Please guide me as what is stable way to perform this. I am using a quite old version of hikashop and currently we are not in situation to upgrade it. So please guide me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 6 months ago #324688

Hi,

I don't think you need to add custom steps to the checkout for that.
You already have that intermediary step in the checkout. At the end of the checkout, the order is created in the database, and the end page is displayed with a message that says "please wait while you're being redirected" and a button bellow which is auto clicked for the customer to redirect to the payment gateway.
So in your case, what I would do is just adapt the text with a translation override and remove the auto click on the button and you should have the same thing as what you need.
Now, that end page with the text and the auto clicked button is actually displayed by the payment plugin you're using.
For example, for paypal, it's in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal_end.php where you'll find the text and the button along with the javascript for the auto click.
I think the best will be to modify that file (or the file of the payment plugin you're using).

3 years 6 months ago #324794

Thanks Nicolas. I can see the paypal_end.php and I see it works. I am having payment gateway as "moneris" and there is no moneris_end.php. I do not see any message or redirection(with timeout) in case I pick moneris as gateway. Please guide me

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 5 months ago #324809

Hi,

I don't know about that payment plugin.
The only Moneris payment plugin I know of, and which is included in HikaShop is called eselect / moneris, and with it, the credit card form is actually directly on your website checkout and there is no redirection to the payment gateway at the end of the checkout.
So I don't know where you got that plugin nor how that plugin works.
You'll have to modify that plugin I guess, but I'm not sure how. That's something you should check on with the developer of the plugin.

3 years 5 months ago #324893

Thanks Nicolas. It is my fault as I was looking into wrong plugin. I can see eselect plugin with _end.php. I will try adding the message here.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds