Where can I find checkout legacy option?

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 5 months ago #324800

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Fireforx
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Where can I find checkout legacy option?

Hello
We are doing major site update. After upgrade of hikashop i noticed that adding new product wont automaticly refresh cart module. I read on forum to turn off checkout legacy option but i cant find it in 4.4.0. What can i do in such situation?
Best regards
Artur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 5 months ago #324816

Hi,

That option has been removed in the 4.4.0.
It's automatically off in the 4.4.0. So that's not the solution you're looking for.
Your issue probably comes from some old cart module customization which actually isn't compatible with the add to cart system from HikaShop 3.x and 4.x.
Check the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ via FTP.
There, you must have a file cart.php which overrides the default cart module of HikaShop. Rename that file in order to deactivate the view override and it should work properly.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327094

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9

Hi, I was researching for I believe a similar, if not the same issue. I have noticed that on a mobile device, specifically a mobile phone, that my cart contents would not refresh correctly at times. In fact if I had two items in my cart and selected Continue Shopping at the bottom of the checkout page, then I would be sent back to home page and now the cart would display empty. Or I would have an item in cart, then select home from breadcrumb or go to another category and add another item, I would randomly get inaccurate cart contents. So two questions:

1) I set Enable multi carts under config/features to No. I was wondering if somehow multiple carts were being activated on the phone process. Am I on a correct path here or just guessing?

2) I also renamed my cart.php file as Nicolas mentions above. Just so I'm comfortable, renaming this file won't disrupt anything in the cart/checkout process? The cart refresh on the mobile phone did seem to work much better after disabling this file.

3) Is there a chance that just the safari browser on iphone isn't refreshing properly? Because when I do refresh the phone browser, then updated cart displays correctly, but customers aren't going to know to do this if their cart isn't displaying correctly so I can't rely on that happening.

Thanks.

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by dlaughter.

3 years 3 months ago #327108

Hi,

If the cart module is not getting refreshed properly, it can come from three things:

- The cart module is based on the old add to cart system, or the add to cart button is based on the old add to cart system. In both cases, this comes from view overrides you would have in the template under the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product. The product/cart.php file is the view override for the cart module. With the URL @Moskała provided, it looked like the issue came from that. For the add to cart buttons, it could be one of the other view files in that folder. Renaming or deleting a file in that folder will mean that instead of using that file HikaShop will use the corresponding file in its core, and thus the latest version, while the file in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product is based on an old version of the core file. So you might lose the customization that was made by your or your template provider in that file. But you'll gain all the modifications that we made in the view file from the point the customization was made till now, which is why doing this will often fix update issues.

- Caching. If there is some caching in play, either on the browser side or the server side or in between, it's possible that you see old content or the content of someone else on the pages. So if you see different cart contents when you browse your website with the same browser while you didn't change your cart content yourself, it's probably linked to caching of the module content or even the whole page.

- Javascript errors. When there is a javascript error on the page, the add to cart process might not work properly or the cart module might not refresh it self properly. You can check that with the console of your browser:
www.techonthenet.com/js/open_console_log.php

To answer your questions:
1. No, the multi cart system won't lead to what you're describing.
2. You might lose some customization. but if you don't see any difference in the look of the cart module, then it means that this override file is likely unnecessary so it's a good thing to keep it renamed.
3. I don't see why it would be only on mobile safari. Maybe if you have some option / extension to safari to have aggressive caching on the pages you're browsing. But it's more likely that the problem is not related to the browser itself.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327166

Thanks Nicolas. I am for sure getting strange results, either browser caching not being forced or my cart buttons are not in sync as you mention.

Here is a quick exercise I just ran through and it takes less than a minute. I did this is on a desktop (imac), starting out with clean browser caches. If you have a quick minute, see what your results are:

www.silverconnection.com
From the main horizontal nav, do this: Select Anklets, select first item and add to cart. Select Bracelets, select first item and add to cart. Select Chains, select first item and add to cart. Select Charms, select first item and add to cart. Select Earrings, select first item and add to cart. You should have of course five items in cart. Now, select Anklets again and check cart status. Then select Bracelets again and check cart status. Do this down the line to earrings again and check cart status each time.

For me, on Chrome browser, the cart module displayed what was in the cart 'the first' time I selected each menu item. (anklets = 0 in cart, bracelets = 1 in cart, etc) On Firefox, my results seemed random. But at no time did the cart display exactly what had been added to it, thus displaying an inaccurate cart status.

Another thing I noticed is that if I select Proceed to Checkout from cart module and go to checkout page, then at that point either select Home from main nav or select Continue Shopping at bottom of checkout page, then the cart displays empty, I assume because that was the first page started out on before adding anything to cart.

If my cart buttons are out of whack, what might be the solution for that?

3 years 3 months ago #327184

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue on my end on both Chrome and FireFox.
So to me it confirms that your problem is a caching issue and it's apparently on the server side.
So either :
- you've configured the caching settings of Joomla to have caching
- you have a third party caching extension
- your template is doing some caching
- you have caching at the server level
- you have a CDN doing the caching (like cloudflare which is the most famous of them)

What's interesting is that the caching is only at the user session level. So if you access a page you already accessed, you'll see the previous content of the page, but if someone else access the same page (with another browser on the same computer for example) he won't see your cached content. However, if he add to the cart and go back to that page, he will see his cached page.
(I say page here, but it could be caching at of the cart module itself since that's the only dynamic thing on your pages. I know for example that Joomla has options to cache modules content: docs.joomla.org/Cache#Module_Caching )

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327232

Looks like that solved it. It was the system cache. In Joomla global config, system tab and under cache settings, system cache was set to On - Progressive Caching. Probably was set to that during a recent site optimization project to help page loads. I placed that setting to Off - Caching Disabled and in running through my quick exercise above, the cart status remains perfect on all actions. Thanks Nicolas for pointing me in the right direction.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds