add to cart popup

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 3 months ago #327728

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0

Hey,

I noticed that the add to cart in the webshop didn't show a popup like before. I think this is because of the latest update. I also didn't find a redirect to cart in the settings. Maybe a previous setting that is preventing?

I removed the settings add_to_cart_legacy, ajax_add_to_cart, continue_shopping and redirect_url_after_add_to_cart in the table hikashop_config. Now he will redirect to the shopping cart. How can I get the popup back?

Best regards,
RG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 3 months ago #327731

Hi,

You should not remove these settings from the hikashop_config table, especially the add_to_cart_legacy setting.
Please are it back with the value 0
The popup and redirection behavior can be configured via the "HikaShop cart notification" plugin via the Joomla plugins manager. So go there and configure it like you want.

3 years 3 months ago #327738

Hey Nicolas,

I added the settings back and noticed that the problem is with credirect_url_after_add_cart with config_value ask_user
Then you will see that the URL is updated with ?popup=1 but you will not have any popup.

The hikashop cart notification has no effect on my add to cart buttons on my product pages. Do I need to change my add to cart button?

Best regards,

RG

3 years 3 months ago #327740

Hi,

The HTML of your add to cart buttons is the HTML from the legacy add to cart system.
So if you still have that HTML even though you have the add_to_cart_legacy entry to 0, it means that you have view overrides preventing you from using the new add to cart buttons.
You'll have to check your view overrides.
The problem should come from one of the files in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/
So try renaming them one by one until you identify the one which will give you the new add to cart buttons.
Once you identify it, you'll probably want to get the customization you had in it and add it to the new version of the view file via the menu Display>Views.
That way, you'll get the new add to cart button, which will take into account the settings of the cart notification plugin, and you'll get your customization.
From what I can see on your website, it's probably the quantity.php view file.
I see that you're hiding the quantity input field area with CSS and you've added some custom CSS on the add to cart button. For the quantity input field, no need to HTML/CSS customization. You can just turn off the "quantity input method" in the HikaShop configuration and it will remove the quantity input field on the product pages. So you'll just have to modify a bit the CSS to customize the new add to cart button color, border and width and that way you should be able to get the same result quite easily.

3 years 3 months ago #327747

Thanks Nicolas,

I found the button it was show_quantity.php. I removed it and changed the setting for the quantity property. I also edited the css.
But the behaviour is still the same. When set the property redirect_url_after_add_cart back with value ask_user in the database. The page just refreshes. Do you have another idea?

3 years 3 months ago #327755

Hi,

I still see the old HTML of the legacy add to cart buttons.
So you still have a problem with old view overrides.
Rename temporarily the whole templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ folder and you should see the new add to cart buttons and you'll see that it should work fine.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds