• Hikashop Essential
3 years 2 months ago #328757

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3924
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ff 85,0 64bit
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi !

It is nesssasary to send mail from phpmail.. and is shoud works fine.. :-)
- (My primary mail is the same, but is in g-suite, with 2fa..
my DNS is set up within SPF DKIM (and mostly DMARC..

The issue is.... send mail

Joomla Global Configuration / Server / Send test mail.
and
send a test mail from a order. / open rder / mail OK.

Then these 2 mail is getting to the inbox :-) - but have diferent mail header.(yes off cource, but i thinking about spf, dkim..)

then one from hika orders have:
SPF: pass
DKIM: none
DMARC: fail

the one from joomla send test have:
SPF: pass
DMARC: pass

What can i do - it seems werry wiered...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 2 months ago #328768

Hi,

HikaShop has email settings under the main tab of the HikaShop configuration so that you can setup a different "from" email address, and a different "bounce" email address than what is used by Joomla.
This can also be overridden via the System>Emails menu for each email with the Business edition.
So it's possible that the difference you get is linked to you using a different email address in these.
Also, the emails HikaShop sends contain HTML with images, layout, etc, while the emails Joomla sends are simple text emails.
Now DMARC normally relies on SPF and DKIM for authentification of the email server. And SPF is something you setup with your domain name and DKIM something you setup with your domain name and email server.
And even DMARC is something you normally setup on the email server.
So normally, there is nothing you can do in HikaShop. It's probably a config issue on the server side of things.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 2 months ago #328789

Hi again.

Yes i´m aware of the DNS settings. not an isues in joomla and hikashop.

But - where is the diference, between joomla (plain text) and hika (html-tekst) in the send issues.

What is the diference in dkim / dmarc info in the recieved mail??

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 2 months ago #328792

Hi,

I don't know as you didn't provide precise information about neither emails on your end.
DMARC/SPF/DKIM headers are added to emails by the email server.
You can see this if you look at the headers of the emails in your email client.
For example, on GMail, when you have an email opened, you have a button "more" (3 dots vertically aligned) and if you click on it, you can choose "show original". This will display all the headers of the email:
monosnap.com/file/MYzMrPw8KM0sdviznPNz24phcTQCpE
And thus, you can compare the headers of both emails to see what is different, and it might help you or us find out what's wrong.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 1 month ago #330215

Sorry long time.. No seen...

I have acymailer, to send mails from my site...
And then acymailer have dkim settings, so i can send newsletter from my site... works fine.

Whem someone writes a note to the aauther, - stock Joomla, then no dkim is possible to set up.

and is hikashop uses joomla setting to send mail.. no dkim...

How can i use phpmail - as shoud be ok..

Its - likely to send some mails - it is 50/50 if the mails send from stock joomla, or hikasho - witch schoud be same same..

So... is hikashop in the future, so incorporate dkim in the shop, then the sender from the site, is likely 100% to send direct in the inbox for the costemer.

Regards.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 1 month ago #330216

Hello,

DKIM, DMARC, OpenARC, SpamAssassin are emails modules which need to be configured with your email server (such as Postfix, QMail, Sendmail, Exim, etc).
If you're using an external SMTP server, that server should provide you the DKIM (and other) tools ; thus when you want to send an email, you're email client should not have to know your DKIM settings (and your keys) to sign the content.
The email server should check that you have the right to send an email and then, approved it.

Joomla does not have extended email settings to generate the DKIM signature, okay.
Now acymailing (and I suppose other components specialized in emails/newsletters) do have that kind of feature since they need to send a huge number of emails and that's also their core feature.
When you configure the DKIM in acymailing, you have to create a new DKIM entry in your DNS server ; thus it won't use the same domain than your email server (not sharing private key, better for security).

Should HikaShop and other Joomla components implement DKIM features ?
Clearly no. It would mean that nobody would use the Joomla core in order to send email, everybody will have its own implement, everybody will ask you to create a new DKIM domain for their emails, everybody should maintain their PHP email lib, etc.

Would it be great if Joomla could have DKIM settings for the emails ?
It could be interesting for many users, of course.

I don't know how your website is hosted and what kind of email server you're using.
But I do recommend that DKIM is made by the application which handle emails.
When your postfix is right configured, it will verify and generate the DKIM in the received/sent email ; it will do the job it is meant to do.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds