When registring no email to the registrant

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 2 months ago #329255

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 88.0.4324.146

Hello,

When a new user try to register in the checkout or not in the checkout process, the user don't receive the email for validation.
But I see the email in the "Email journal".

Can you help me ?

Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329256

Hi

If the email is in the email history, then the email was sent by HikaShop to the email server of your hosting so that it can be sent to the receiver.
Either the email was not sent by the email server as it found a problem with it (for example, if the receiver email address and the sender email address are the same), or the email was rejected by the receiver email server, or it ended up in its spam folder.

What happened exactly it hard to say from HikaShop's point of view. If you don't see any error about the email being sent, then it means that the email server of the hosting told HikaShop that the email had been successfully taken into account on its end and thus HikaShop has no way of knowing what happened after that.
First thing is to check if the email didn't end up in the spam folder of the receiver. If it's a spam problem (and it's likely), the best is to check the email with www.mail-tester.com/ service. It will tell you what's wrong with the email setup.
Second thing is to contact your hosting support so that they can check the log of the email server for that email (you can give them a screenshot of the email information from the email history in HikaShop). If the problem happened on the sender email server or on the receiver email server, the log of the sender email server should contain information about the problem.

3 years 2 months ago #329277

Hello,

Thank you for the answer.
The problem seems to come from elsewhere.
I have tested on three different mailboxes and nothing happens in spam emails.
The worst part is that the order emails arrive well at the customer.
Is it possible to tell me where the script is sending this email so that I can capture the information sent, test manually in a PHP script?

The test with www.mail-tester.com didn't work, they never received the email.

Thank you in advance.

3 years 2 months ago #329286

Hi,

I had the web host, and the SPF in DNS was bad.
I change them, I test and come back to you.

Best regards

3 years 2 months ago #329283

Hi,

That's indeed strange.
Regarding where the sending happens... It's in several places.
In HikaShop the sending happens in the sendMail function of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/mail.php
As you'll see, it actually uses the Joomla mailer library's "send" function for that. The JMail class of the Joomla mailer is defined in the file libraries/src/Mail/Mail.php on Joomla 3.9. This class has a "send" function which actually calls the send function of the parent class PHPMailer which is defined in libraries/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php
This send function calls the postSend function in the same class and from there, it depends on how your Joomla configuration emails settings are configured.

3 years 2 months ago #329517

Hello,

After a lot of testing I found out where the problem is. The link to the registration validation seems to be too long.
Do you have any idea how I can reduce the size of this link?
Current example of the link:

www.chassart.com/index.php?option=com_hi...d=11&Jid=11&Jid=9idm

Best regards

3 years 2 months ago #329522

Hello Again,

It seems that if I cut the link before &infos ( www.chassart.com/index.php?option=com_hi...c34bdd258a326f37c6e6
in place of
www.chassart.com/index.php?option=com_hi...d=11&Jid=11&Jid=9idm ), it works fine, and the activation link works too.

Do you think I can do this or is it too dangerous for safety reasons?

3 years 2 months ago #329518

Hi,

So you mean that the email was not delivered to the recipient because the URL of the activation link in it is too long ? Or are you talking about a new problem ?
The second half of your link is unnecessary.
The part "&task=activate&activation=8b1c8a5b0e18c34bdd258a326f37c6e6&infos=eyJwYXNzIjoicG9saWsiLCJ1=t1ZC6B&Ipage&Jid=9id=9id=11&Jid=11&Jid=11&Jid=11&Jid=9idm" at the end is not useful.
Only the first part www.chassart.com/index.php?option=com_hi...G9saWsiLCJ1FltC2Si6b is useful and that's what the activation link looks like by default in HikaShop.
I don't know where the rest of the link comes from on your website. There are no Jid parameters in URLs generated by HikaShop. So it seems that the URL has been processed by something at some point.

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by nicolas.

3 years 2 months ago #329534

Hi,

That's exactly what I mean.
When the link is too long, the email is not delivred.
I have tested soo much things that now I'm sure thtat it was the problem.
I don't know if the problem come from the sender server or the receiver server.
I think that the problem come from the sender server. But the website is on a sharehosting and then I can not manage it like I want. Perhaps a problem with PHP mailer or something like that. But it's another story.

But know it's solved I cut the link with a substr() with strpos() in.

Thanks a lot for your Help

Sorry for my very bad English.

Best regards.

Frédéric

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds