When product added to cart checkout shows different product

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329916

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla

I have two products on my site, one titled Register with a category of Membership (for people who have never registered on my site before) and one titled Renew Registration with a category of Renew Membership (for people who are renewing a previous registration.)

I have it set up so that when either one of those products is added to cart, the user is immediately taken to the checkout. When a user is logged in and they want to renew their registration, they add the product Renew Registration to cart and are taken directly to the checkout. However in the checkout the product is Register and not Renew Registration. I have checked that the module that adds to cart (hikashop content module) is set with a main category of Renew Membership so I cannot figure out why when a user adds Renew Membership to cart that the checkout product shows Register.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329917

Ok I figured out what is going wrong. But here's another issue. I added another product. I only allow a quantity of one for all of my products so that way a user doesn't accidentally pay for two registrations. If a user adds one product to the cart, but abandons the checkout and then tries to add a different product to the cart, the checkout shows only the first product that was added. The user has to go to Account, Display cart, Remove the cart item and then go add the second product to the cart in order to see the correct item at checkout.

So if the checkout get abandoned the cart doesn't clear. Is this the way it is suppose to work? Is there a way to clear the cart if the checkout gets abandoned?

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329918

Ok I just changed the max number in cart to unlimited and the cart in the checkout workflow I said no to read only. Now it works fine.

Please disregard.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds