Hikashop does not send e-mails

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #329941

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9

Hey, hey...

It seems that Hikashop does not send out e-mails.
Not during checkout when a customer places an order, and
Not when I change the order status, in Orders.
(Yes, I set the option to inform the customer to Yes)

I tested with 2 different e-mailaddresses

Sending testmails through Global configuration does work.

I tested setting PHPmail and Sendmail.
(For SMTP I need more info from my client.)

So... what should I look at now?
Is there a setting I missed?
How do I get Hikashop to send e-mails to customers?

Thank you!
Wim

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329953

Hi,

Since the test email is working, it's probable that HikaShop is sending the emails too but they get blocked for some reason.
Go in the menu Customers>Emails history in your HikaShop backend.
There, you'll see a list of all the emails sent by HikaShop.
If the emails are not there, then HikaShop didn't send the emails and it's probably because they are disabled in the System>Emails menu.
If the emails are there, then HikaShop did send the emails to the email server. In that case, if the email is not received by the receiver, an error will be logged in the log of the email server of your hosting. So in that case, you should contact your hosting support with a copy of the email information from the email history in HikaShop so that they can check the log for the error message.
Also, it's likely that the cause is linked to spam. Your emails are probably being catched by a spam filter and discarded because of that. So I would also recommend to test these emails with www.mail-tester.com/ to see what's wrong with them.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 1 month ago #331113

Okay, this is still not fixed by the hosting company.

They now request a either an eml file or a transcript from the mail sent by Hikashop.

Is that possible?

Thank you.
Wim

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 1 month ago #331118

Hi,

Didn't you provide them with a copy of the information in the email history as I told you before ?
That should be what they mean by "transcript" no ? The information there contains everything we send to Joomla's email library which then sends it to the email server.
Regarding an eml file, it would require a whole development to generate one so that's not gonna happen just so they can find an email in their log...

Alternatively, you go give them a backend access to your website with access to the email history. There, they have the "resend" button so they can check in live the log of the email server being filled when they click on the button.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds