Forgot Username/Password link not working

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #330000

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.mathost3.co.uk/lou4/index.php/order-labels/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Developer 87.0b1(64-bit)

Hi

This only happens when accessing "Forgot username/password" when a user goes to "Checkout"

Go here to create a label order, this is a test site only.
www.mathost3.co.uk/lou4/index.php/labels

"Forgot username or Forgot Password" link is not working it looks like this on the test site:-

www.mathost3.co.uk/lou4/index.php/compon...iew=reset&Itemid=101

The link has &Itemid=101 appended to the end that csuses it to fail?

How do I fix this?

Many thanks

Neville Matthews

[MODERATOR :] Please do not edit your post long after posting. This mess up our ticket organisation and can increase our answer delay for everyone.

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #330011

Hi,

HikaShop doesn't add the Itemid parameter to these links.
You can edit the file sub_block_loing_form.php via the menu Display>Views and you'll see that these links use the code:

$reset_url = 'index.php?option=com_users&view=reset';
$remind_url = 'index.php?option=com_users&view=remind';
So that means that the Itemid parameter is added by something else on your website.
If you have a SEF extension like SH404SEF, it might come from one of its settings.

I suppose that an easy solution would be to add the &Itemid=xx parameter to the code of sub_block_loing_form.php yourself with the id of a menu item of com_users which is public. That way, it should avoid that other extension from trying to add a wrong one to it.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #330056

Hi Nicolas

I was unable to find the component causing the &Itemid=101 to be appended however for this site I found a workaround that so far seems to work.

I modified View sub_block_login_form.php but by appending "&Itemid=" without the double quotes. The result is the "&Itemid=101" disappears.

I would really like to find out what is appending it and tried for two days to find it without success.

So the new lines now look like this...

$reset_url = 'index.php?option=com_users&view=reset&Itemid='; // &Itemid= Added by NM 25/02/2021
$remind_url = 'index.php?option=com_users&view=remind&Itemid='; // &Itemid= Added by NM 25/02/2021

Many thanks for the suggestion and so fast as ever. It is very much apprecated the effort you go to to respond to questions.

Neville Matthews

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by nevillematthews.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330732

My clients also can't reset password or remind username.

In my case "index.php/component/users/?view=reset&Itemid=114" when client tries to reset password.

Workaround mentioned by Nevillematthews based on the advice of Nicolas did the trick.
All is working now.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Ries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330964

Now it turns out that the client cannot actually change his password as the link in the email which has been send to him contains also an non existing itemnr.

www.hollebollegijs.eu/component/users/?v...15c156e4b&Itemid=114

Just found out that Itemid=number is equal to the menu-id which is starred as Startpage. If I mark another menu as Startpage, the Itemid in the link send to the user has also changed to that menu-id.

How can I disable this, or what should I do to make the link work for the user?
Is there a workaround like we did with the link in sub_block_login_form.php by adding [&Itemid=]?

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Ries.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 1 month ago #330970

Hi,

The email with the link to change his password is generated and sent by Joomla. HikaShop has no involvement in this.
I think you need to create a hidden menu item so that Joomla can use it to generate that link:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=954213

[Moderator :] The HikaShop Team is really sorry for the delay of this answer and especially given the response, but don't you edit your post long after posting it?
Because it can potentially disrupt our service ticket system, really sorry for this return.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #331042

No sorry for the delay, I understand that I caused it myself.

Now for the problem, with the help of Nico van Leeuwen, I now know what went wrong.

The plugin [Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin] did contain an itemid number which referred to a menu-id which was only for registered users.
By changing this to a menu-id number, in this case 155 [Control user panel], which is open for the public, the user is now able to ask for username, and/or change the password.

So problem solved!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 1 month ago #331050

Hello,

Thanks for your return and information about this issue !
Regards

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds