Add first time product cart is not refreshing, second time it does

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330419

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hello,

After I dit an update for Hikashop 4.3.0 > 4.4.1 the minicart doesn't work OK. The first time when I'm new on the site and add a product to the cart it will not refresh. There is nothing on my cart.
Instantly after that I try it again and then the cart will be refreshed?

Can you help?

Thanks.
Kees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 1 month ago #330450

Hi,

The issue comes from an old view override which is missing some bits in it when the cart is empty.
Rename the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php to deactivate the cart view file override and it should then work properly.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330489

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer. I did a test with your suggestion. But I don't think this is the solution for the problem. Let me explain.

When I started the website I get a cookie notification. I accept all cookies (give an OK). The cookie notification dissapear which is correct.
Then I choose the webshop (collectie) and I put a product in my cart. I get the shop notification to go shopping or go to the checkout. When I choose to go to the shop then this bug happens.
On that moment the cookie notification is back and there is nothing in my cart.

Then again I choose the webshop (collectie) and I put a product in my cart. And when I choose to go to the shop then the product is in the cart.

I can give you the name of the site but not in public.

Kees

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 1 month ago #330505

hello,

We process some tests directly on your website, and we weren't able to reproduce your issue, let's details our results.
We have add a product to the cart, we see the popup notification and choose "continue shopping"
=> No cookie question & the product is in the cart.

Now in order to progress and better understand your issue can you process this same test without being logged ? With several different browser ? And tell us which Browser did you use usually AND if you see differences from previous test.

Awaiting your returns to be able to progress on your issue.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds