Next button disappears when coupon used

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 1 month ago #330463

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25

Hi, the coupons used to work perfectly but all of a sudden they have stopped working. I have tried it on several versions of joomla and hikashop and it is the same on all of them.

The problem I'm seeing is that when either a valid or invalid coupon is used and applied the next button disappears from the checkout page and the customer can't proceed any further.

I have found that if you refresh the page it comes back but this is not the expected behavior?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 1 month ago #330469

Hi,

The reason why the next button disappears is because the next button is seen by the browser as being inside the coupon view in your checkout HTML because you've made an error (or your template provider) in one of the view files of the checkout and yo'ure missing a closing </div> tag :
i.imgur.com/YNghc2H.png
Because of that, when the coupon view is refreshed, the coupon area, which includes the next button for your browser, is replaced by the new HTML of the coupon view area coming from your server and which doesn't include the next button and thus you see the next button disapear.
So you'll have to fix your checkout view file overrides (or ask your template provider ?). It must come from one of the files in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout so you can rename them one by one to identify the culprit.

And regarding the coupons not working, either it comes from that same problem, or there could be a problem with the settings of the coupons or some bug. So once you fix the next button issue, try again, and if you still have the issue, please provide a screenshot of the settings of a coupon and instructions to be able to use it on your shop if necessary.

The following user(s) said Thank You: serbofleconcepts

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 1 month ago #330494

OK, thank you for the quick response.

There was an issue in the show_block_coupon.php file from the JD SHOP template that I'm using.

I added an additional </DIV> tag on line 30 and it fixed the issue.

It looks like the issue has been like that since the template was installed as it has not been edited.

Thanks again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds