Checkout stalls

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 weeks ago #331504

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 14.0.1

Some odd things are happening. I believe it's that we haven't had the store open since you depreciated Legacy checkout.

1) Login is taking me all the way out of my site. When I click enter, I am logged in.

2) Check out: If I go to my cart, the first screen shows and I click next. I see a bar at the top in the url window that goes 30% of the way and then stops. I stay on the same screen.

3) When I use add to cart, you'll see that a blue window come up. That is new. My usual "it's in your cart window" never looked like that ever.

4) If I try to go to cart, it doesn't open. It just asks me to log in and the first page of checkout is there but it stalls.

5) Please see in the back end where I'm getting another error message. I used the photo to show that I still have legacy settings. Am I supposed to have those? Should those settings change? I turned them off. Nothing changed.

I'd be happy to give you credentials in a secure window so you can take a look.

Thank you,
Catherine

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by notnilla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 2 weeks ago #331507

Hi,

1. I don't understand what you mean. I had no issue registering and then logging in. Could you provide step by step instructions to reproduce the issue ?

2. I think it's linked to the error message you get on the configuration page in the backend. As the menu selected for the checkout is invalid, the system is not able to access the other steps of the checkout due to the SEF system not redirecting properly.
What you should do is select the "your shopping cart" menu item in the "force a menu during checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That will remove the error message, and it should fix the issue with the checkout not proceeding to the next step.

3. That can be configured in the settings of the HikaShop cart notification plugin, via the Joomla plugins manager. So I invite you to check its settings and modify them like you want.

4. You don't see the cart when you access the checkout because you don't have the "cart" view in the first step of your checkout workflow. You could add it if you want to directly see the cart there.

5. It's normal that you have these legacy settings. And yes you can turn them off to use the new elements of HikaShop.
For example, the "carousel legacy" setting will allow you to use either the new or the old carousel system. But you won't see any change unless you have a HikaShop content module configured with its "carousel" setting activated. Since that's not the case on your website, it's normal that you don't see any difference.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 weeks ago #331539

Hi,

<<2. I think it's linked to the error message you get on the configuration page in the backend. As the menu selected for the checkout is invalid, the system is not able to access the other steps of the checkout due to the SEF system not redirecting properly.
What you should do is select the "your shopping cart" menu item in the "force a menu during checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That will remove the error message, and it should fix the issue with the checkout not proceeding to the next step.>>

Yes, that did it. I originally had it going to a Thank you page that contained all of our social media and had clickable links. Is there a suggested way that I can do that? I tried adding code to the language file under "Additional_Information" but it didn't take.

<<3. That can be configured in the settings of the HikaShop cart notification plugin, via the Joomla plugins manager. So I invite you to check its settings and modify them like you want.>>

I had a look. I think I'm still getting old notifications at the top.

Any suggestions? I renamed the product folder that was in the template file. I'd just love to be able to give this a prettier look and feel where the font matches the site and the color does also.

<<It's normal that you have these legacy settings. And yes you can turn them off to use the new elements of HikaShop.
For example, the "carousel legacy" setting will allow you to use either the new or the old carousel system. But you won't see any change unless you have a HikaShop content module configured with its "carousel" setting activated. Since that's not the case on your website, it's normal that you don't see any difference.>>

Thank you. I'll have a look and see what I've been missing. :)

Attachments:

3 years 2 weeks ago #331542

Hi,

- If you want to redirect to a "thank you" page, I suppose that you mean to do that AFTER the checkout. In that case, it's not the "force menu on checkout" option that you need to use. You need to enter the URL of that thank you page in the "return URL" setting of your payment method via the System>Payment methods menu.

- If you still have the blue notification while you want the popup, it means that you didn't configure the HikaShop cart notification plugin settings like you want. Edit it, and set the "display location" to "popup" and it should work like you want.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 weeks ago #331566

Hi,

<<- If you want to redirect to a "thank you" page, I suppose that you mean to do that AFTER the checkout. In that case, it's not the "force menu on checkout" option that you need to use. You need to enter the URL of that thank you page in the "return URL" setting of your payment method via the System>Payment methods menu.>>

I went there and what I have that set to is: secure.seleatherfest.com/index.php?optio...&view=article&id=755

But after a sale is complete, the page then goes here: secure.seleatherfest.com/buy-stuff-here/...art/checkout/confirm

<<- If you still have the blue notification while you want the popup, it means that you didn't configure the HikaShop cart notification plugin settings like you want. Edit it, and set the "display location" to "popup" and it should work like you want.>>

Thank you! That did the trick completely!

3 years 2 weeks ago #331572

Hi,

Which payment method are you using ? The checkout/confirm page is the one at the end of the checkout, before the payment plugin redirect the customer to the payment gateway page with the credit card form, which then should redirect to the return URL upon success.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 weeks ago #331606

We are using Hikashop Square Payment Plugin. Under 'Specific Configuration" the return url is set as described.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 1 week ago #331642

Hello,

The Square payment plugin will redirect your customers to the "After_end" page after the payment process, so if you want to add any information at the end of that process, the solution will be to directly edit the "After_end" file of the "checkout" views of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views".

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds