Customers are unable to check out after loading their shopping cart

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333816

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.veggievore.com/advice/one-hour-custo...ation/checkout/cid-2
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message visible

We have a problem where a person puts something into the cart and then is unable to check out. I had the customer give me their login and password so that I could try it. After proceeding to checkout they get to a point where they can check which billing address to use and there is a "Next" button to click on. That "Next" button does not do anything when it is clicked on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 9 months ago #333820

Hi,

Well, i wanted to try on your website but I'm not even able to get to that point as I'm not receiving the activation link email for the user account I created.
Could you please provide a user account so that we can try and a screenshot of the "checkout workflow" you have under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333826

This message contains confidential information

I see that the user account you created was made. So, I am a bit baffled about why the email was not sent out. I will try to solve that.

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by scarney.

2 years 9 months ago #333831

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem on your website with the account.
Could you please provide a screenshot of the "checkout workflow" you have under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration ?

Regarding the email, first check if you have it in Customers>Email history in HikaShop. If you do, then HikaShop sent the email to the email server. And in that case, you want to check the log of your email server or ask your hosting support to do so for that email.
You can also check the email with mail-tester.com

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333849

I have added a screen shot. Hope it is not too much information. :-)

I will check on the email issues next. Thank you!!!

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #333851

Hi,

Your settings look fine so I don't see why it would do that.
We'll need a backend access and a FTP access to be able to understand what's going on.
Could you please provide that via our contact form along with a link to this thread ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333916

I have just submitted the backend Joomla and FTP access. Thank you.

2 years 9 months ago #333921

Hi,

I got the accesses and I was able to check your settings in the backend but I couldn't figure out what was wrong.
So I wanted to do some debugging via FTP, but you didn't provide the host to use for the FTP access. I tried with your website domain name, but that didn't work. Could you provide the host for the FTP access please ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333942

Thank you very much. The hostname is veggievore.com (I am editing after the fact to let you know I was wrong about the hostname)

I believe this this did not work because the server is a PCI compliant server and has some pretty tight security. I will get with the host right away and ask a question about whether you were being blocked. I think you were though because I am also not gaining access. I will ask them what it will take to allow you in for trouble shooting / debugging and get back to you as soon as I can.

Sean

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333952

It ends up that they change the hostname a bit for the PCI compliant server. I sent you the information via your contact us link with a reference to this thread.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334032

I will sure be happy if and when you can look and tell me what might have happened to my shopping cart. :-)

2 years 8 months ago #334128

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I didn't had the time yesterday to look into it.
I wanted to try today, but I'm still not able to login to your FTP :
i.imgur.com/J81UqNE.png
So I'm not sure what's going on. Do you have some kind of IP filtering / firewall which could block the access maybe ?
Are you able to connect to the FTP access you provided from your end ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334131

Nicolas,

I believe something is going on with our host. I just opened a ticket with them about this. Last week they gave me the instructions which I sent to you and I tested it and it worked. Today I am getting timed out. I see that you were denied completely.

I have just given them my public IP address. I would like to give them yours if you are comfortable with that so that they can check to see if maybe we are being blocked for some reason.

I am sorry about this inconvenience.

Sean Carney

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334183

Nicolas, My host replied that all was well on their end and that they had tested the connection. I then tested again myself and it is working right now. I am wondering if they didn't have a temporary downtime.

I am going to send you again the sftp instructions just in case I might have sent it to you the last time with an error. It will probably be exactly what I already sent you. But, just to be sure I will send it again.

Thank you for your patience with me. It will be good when we figure this out and I can tell my wife the site is working again. :-)

Sean

2 years 8 months ago #334211

Hi,

Thank you, I was able to debug the situation.
The issue actually comes from the braintree payment plugin I believe.
It generates its own custom HTML for the credit card input fields during the checkout.
However, when the address selection is validated, the custom HTML changes (before it uses input fields, after the input fields are replaced by divs).
This leads to the checkout system believing that something has changes on the page of the checkout and it needs to stay on the current page.
I suppose that what the developers made works just fine when your checkout has all the views on one step and that the issue appears because you have your checkout on several steps.
To avoid the issue, the simplest is to add the line:
var $custom_html_ignore_cache = true;
at the beginning of the class of the main plugin file ( plugins/hikashoppayment/braintree/braintree.php )
Please report that isssue with a link to this thread to your Braintree payment plugin provider and they should be able to give you a new version of the plugin with that modification, which will also solve the issue for other merchants in the future.

The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334221

Thank you so much Nicolas,

I would have never figured that out. I will try to put in a ticket with 3by400 the developers of the Braintree plugin. They have always been willing to work to improve their plugin.

This is so appreciated.

Sean Carney

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334584

I put in a ticket with the developers. They said they added your code suggestion but that it did not seem to work. They are suggesting I might want to set up a one step checkout process. I will try to figure out what it would take to do that. I must have had that before since it was working before. Here is their response to me:

"Based on a past ticket it seems you have plugin version 2.2.8c. I have a modified version of that which is now 2.2.8d with Nicolas' suggested code. If you want to try it I can send it. In my test site it seems I'm not seeing the payment method shown when in a multi-step checkout, but it does still work in a single step. So I'm not sure if it will help you. But you could consider changing to a single step checkout as an option."

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #334933

Hi,

I seem to have the exact same issue, yet only for the people that do a register instead of guest.
I do have a different payment gateway ( pay.nl )

Did you find out from other threads or deep diving into this one what the exact solution will be?

Kind regards,

Nico

2 years 7 months ago #334936

Hi,

I checked the code of the pay.nl payment plugin github.com/paynl/hikashop-plugin/blob/master/paynl.php and I don't see the code which could lead to the same issue I saw with the Braintree plugin.
The pay.nl plugin cannot block the checkout from finishing.
So I'm thinking you would probably have the same issue with another payment plugin (you can try with the "bank transfer" for example.
So your problem is likely elsewhere but it would be hard to help you without more information on the situation (screenshot of your checkout workflow, link to the shop, precise steps to reproduce). Ideally, if you could open a new thread for your problem, that would be great.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336074

Hi,

I can not replicate it easily in a sense that i can tell you 'do exactly this'.
What i can tell you is:
This always only happens when someone uses 'register' instead of 'guest'.
They get a name and a nickname, and trying to finish the address details they get stuck in a loop.
They can not finalise the address details (next button loop) or pay.
I get these details from customers, so that's all i can give as detail.
When i register a testaccount it usually works, yet i know what i'm supposed to fill in so maybe they fill in some, or keep out, a details which is important for the system to loop instead if pointing to the mistake.

**update**
Coincidentally someone just placed an order without any address details, i did not even know this was possible, if i try this it will say i need to fill all this in.

Kind regards,

Nico

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by NicoW. Reason: New order placed

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds