Customers are unable to check out after loading their shopping cart

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 5 months ago #336076

Hi,

It could be a bug that has already been fixed, either because you don't have the latest version, or you don't have a hot patch we've added since the latest release, or one we didn't find yet. But it could also just be a setting issue and it is exacerbated by something else (for example, the user doesn't fill something he needs to, but the template doesn't display the error messages coming from HikaShop to warn the user and thus he doesn't know what's wrong).
Again, it's hard to say without even a link to the shop to check on the situation.
And also, what you say in your last message seems to confirm that it's not linked to the payment plugin.

Also, the address is only mandatory if you have the "address" view in your checkout. If you've deleted that view form the checkout, then the address is not mandatory. If the user fills it during the registration, then it will be attached to the order automatically, but otherwise (if for example he logs with a user account without an address previously added) he can place an order without an address.
Similarly, if you're using PayPal Express Checkout, based on how your checkout workflow is configured, it might be possible for the customer to bypass the checkout (that's the goal of this plugin) and then if PayPal doesn't provide any address information for some reason, the order could be created without an address.
Again, without looking directly at your checkout, I can't say for sure what the problem is. I would need to to provide a link to it to check the situation.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #336173

Hi,

I got your access and what I can see confirms what I was saying previously.
You've removed the "address" view from your checkout workflow, in the HikaShop configuration.
Because of that a billing and shipping address is not mandatory to checkout on your website.
If I can create a user account on your website without specifying an address (like for example via Joomla's registration form), then I can login and checkout without entering an address.

And then doing a checkout without address while your setup supposes the customer has an address is a problem so I'm not surprised the customer get stuck at some points when that happens in some cases.

So I guess you'll want to add back the "address" view in your checkout workflow and it should work much better.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336373

Hi, I emailed you the details but did not see a reply so you probably missed that one.
In the meanwhile i found out what my specific issue is and as i am typing i am in queue for the gtranslate module service.
When someone uses the gtranslate module for another language the "next" button loses it's function to go to the next page (next for registration works)
I will update what gtranslate says about this.

2 years 5 months ago #336375

Hi,

I did got your email with the accesses 12 days ago. After that, I replied here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/902837-c...ing-cart.html#336173
Did you miss it ?

I looked at your checkout again today but I didn't see any issue with the gtranslate module and the next button. The button works fine for me even after I use the module to change the language of the page.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336379

Hi,
I've added a screenshot, whenever i test with Chrome which is my browser either in normal or incognito, language to German, fill in my address details, pick a payment gatewat, click next....it reloads the same page. It's not like it works 1 time and not another.

Nico

Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago #336406

Hi,

I indeed do see the problem.
However, I'm not sure why it does that.
I see that you have a hidden input field added to the checkout views:
i.imgur.com/RoDpfw4.png
I wondering if you don't have some kind of honypot mechanism which might have a problem with the replacing done by the gtranslate switcher module.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336409

Hi,

Seeing this makes me instantly think: this is a typical Joomdev issue!
I didn't think this would happen to me again after all the digital pain jd cost me but the coder that made the login in the header used shack toolbox to point to register-login module which is a JD module so probably after all this time their stuff is still haunting me.

I await gtranslates's dev to be certain but if he says its not gtranslate my biggest guess is the above. The good thing is, I know then what to remove!

Thank you!

**Update**
gtranslate dev:
I have added a special Find and Replace rule in your GTranslate dashboard: my.gtranslate.io/settings#find-and-replace
Now the checkout process works fine.

**update2**
gtrans dev:
The issue was connected with multipart/form-data attribute of the form.
We changed it to pplication/x-www-form-urlencoded on translated versions.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by NicoW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds