Free item over specific dollar amount

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334220

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27

I was trying to figure out how to get HikaShop to add a specific item (which will also be for sale) as a free gift is a customer purchases over a specific dollar amount.

In my search, there have been several requests for this feature in HikaShop over the years, but the last one I could find was 4 years ago at which time it was said it wasn't supported.

Has there been any movement on this feature?

I know you can setup a coupon code for that item to have the cost reduced, but I would prefer it to happen automatically over a specific dollar amount.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 9 months ago #334223

Hi,

You can actually do that with this plugin :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/118...on-free-product.html
It will actually use a coupon too, but you can just activate the "auto load in cart when possible" setting of the coupon to have it added to the cart automatically without having the user enter a coupon code.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334342

Nicolas...unfortunately, that doesn't do what I need. I need the product automatically added, without coupon code, into the purchase at a specific dollar amount. I don't want the customer having to add it themselves.

Can this be done some how?

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 9 months ago #334355

Hi,

As I said, if you activate the "auto load in cart if possible" setting of the coupon, the coupon will be loaded automatically into the cart without the customer having to enter a coupon code, it will be automatic. And thus, the free product being added into the cart will also be automatic.
I really think that the solution I'm proposing does what you want and I don't have any other idea for doing the same thing besides the development of a custom plugin.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds