• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335248

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.veggievore.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Microsoft Edge
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error message at all

I have two methods to purchase. One is Braintree which is working. The other is PayPal which is not doing anything at all.

I am wondering if you might know why PayPal stopped working? Have there maybe been some changes to PayPal configurations?

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.

Sean

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by scarney. Reason: Adding an image for the PayPal Configurations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 7 months ago #335262

Hello Sean,

Can you give us more information through some screenshots for example about what you exactly mean by "PayPal stopped working" as your payment method seems to be correctly configured ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335268

Thank you Mohammed. It is pretty hard to give you a screen shot that is meaningful because basically nothing happens. But, there is a slight display of a whirling icon that spins but does nothing. I have attached a little screen shot of that.

I hope this helps. Basically I try to check out and select the option for PayPal instead of the option for Braintree. The Braintree options is working properly.

I also just discovered another problem that may or may not be related so I will be opening another ticket on that.

Sean

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by scarney.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 7 months ago #335270

Hi,

So you mean that when you click on the radio button for the PayPal payment method it works fine. However, when you then click on the "finish" button, you get the whirling icon and it then redisplays the checkout page without any error message.
What if you disable the Braintree payment method ? Do you still have the issue with the PayPal payment method ?
If yes, then I don't know what it could be. I've never seen the PayPal plugin refusing the checkout completion anywhere. Maybe a custom plugin acting strange could be the reason ?
If no, then I suppose that it's linked to the Braintree payment plugin not accepting the order creation because its credit card form is not filled in even though it isn't selected as payment method, or something like that and so in that case, you'll probably have to check with the developer of the Braintree plugin.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #335357

You were correct. And your idea to disable the braintree plugin was the right solution. At that point PayPal started redirecting properly. I have submitted a ticket to the developers of the Braintree plugin and then are going to try to fix it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds