• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335269

-- url of the page with the problem -- : veggievore.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Various browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error

I have discovered a really strange problem where one of my purchasing options (Braintree) is not displaying in the checkout screen when purchasing a single DVD that was placed into the cart. This may be related to my previous ticket because the only option that shows is my PayPal option. But, selecting that PayPal option and clicking on the Finish button causes nothing to happen except for the little whirling icon being visible. I have another ticket open about that issue.

But, here is where they may be related. After the timeout from the PayPal attempt failinig, the Braintree option becomes available as the page refreshes. Do you have any idea what could cause such a thing?

I have attached two images. One of them is of the PayPal Option only just after clicking on the Finish button.

The next image shows that page after it times out and refreshes. Then both options are displaying.

Thanks for giving this some thought.

Sean Carney

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 7 months ago #335272

Hi,

It might be that the Braintree plugin has some check to require the user to be logged in before appearing.
I would recommend you to check with the developer of the Braintree plugin you're using as this looks like something to deal with in the code of the plugin.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335283

Thank you very much Nicolas for this great idea that I should have thought about. I will open a ticket with them right away. I also have a ticket open with our host because I am having some other strange problems with old data displaying on RSForm! Pro forms. So, wondering if a caching issue may be happening on the PCI compliant server where I am hosted.

I agree that this does not look like a HikaShop issue. :-)

Sean

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #335320

Nicolas,

I sure wish that you would maintain a Braintree plugin because the one I am using has caused me a lot of grief. :-(

Sean

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 6 months ago #335326

Hi,

Well, the problem is that there are too many payment gateways out there, each one with its own APIs. It's impossible to have one payment plugin developed for each on our end, even if we had 10 times the money. So I'm already grateful that someone else developed a plugin for Braintree for HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #335358

I can certainly understand that. :-) I did submit this to the developers of the Braintree plugin and then were able to acknowledge the problem and plan to try to fix it soon.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds