Where is a download-link for a virtual product?

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 11 months ago #340802

Hello,

I created a virtual E-Book with Hikashop which works fine but I can't find the needed Link on the invoice email.
Where can I adjust the settings for that?

Thanks so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 11 months ago #340809

Hi,

There should be nothing to adjust.
First, note that orders have a "status". In the menu System>Order statuses, you configure the actions based on the status changes of each order. By default, the download link will be provided to the user when the order is with the status "confirmed" or "shipped".
Usually, the order status changes automatically from "created" to "confirmed" when the payment plugin you're using for the payments receives a payment notification from the payment gateway after the user made the payment for the order.
And HikaShop sends two emails to the customer:
- the "order creation notification" email, when the order is created, before the payment
- the "order" status notification" email when the order status is automatically changed from "created" to "confirmed".
These emails can be configured in the System>Emails menu.

So, knowing all that:
- it's likely that the "invoice email" you're talking about is actually the "order creation notification" email which is sent before the payment
- it doesn't contain a download link because you didn't modify the order statuses in System>Order statuses, and thus the download link will only be provided to the email notification when the status of the order changes to "confirmed".
- it's likely that the issue you have is with the payment notification not being received, leading to the order status not changing to confirmed. It's actually a common issue as there are many things which can link to this. We have a documentation available about this here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
So the first thing to do is to check the order status of your orders. If it stays "created", and your payment gateway is not sending the payment notification, then you can check this documentation link above and review the different points listed there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds