Checkout problem

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 1 week ago #340836

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.8

Hello,

I have been notifed from customer that she has problem to order. She noticed that she has products in cart that she didn't put and when she tried to delete she couldn't.

I tested from 3 browsers and 3 different comps/locations and I got same issue.
This is how I tested:
1. I opened at same time Firefox and Chrome and I opened site on both browsers.
2. WIth Firefox I added products in my cart and clicked continue (to step 2), then I go on Chrome, enter cart(without adding anything in it) and same products are in that cart as well and can't be removed. If I try with continue on Chrome I get error "Invalid token"

I tried this as well in incognito mode (on Chrome) and it was ok, till I didn't accept Cookies. It looks like problem appear when customer accept Cookies on site.
Do you know where can be issue? Cause this issue appeared in last 10 days. I did update Hikashop, but I don't know if it is problem with Hika or something else.

Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by kivici.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 1 week ago #340842

Hi,

It's probably linked to caching. If you have a mechanism caching the whole HTML of the pages, then the cart module's HTML will be the one of the user who first accessed a specific page which was cached. Then, when someone else comes by on the same page, even if the cart linked to the user is correct in the database, since the caching mechanism bypasses the generation of the page's HTML for the cached one, then the user will get the HTML of the other user and thus will see the cart of someone else.
Unfortunately, you can't really use page caching with a cart module on all your pages since the cart module needs to be different for everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds