Force Registration in Checkout depending on product

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
1 year 11 months ago #341680

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I have a shop that is selling goods, but now I want to sell webinars also.

the webinars are made with a joomla extension, each webinar has a unique user group to control access.
The structure goes like:
-Webinars
-- Webinar 1
-- Webinar 2

That means:
1. If the user purchases a webinar, registration should be forced in the checkout
Is it possible to force it, depending on the product? Right now hika shop is running in guest mode.
The joomla registration must also stay disabled.

2. He must be assigned to the user group
In the global Hikashop settings I can choose a category for users after registration. I would choose "Webinars" then?
And I can also choose a user group "after purchase" for each product, for example "Webinar 1". Will the user then be in both groups after the checkout process and will existing other user groups be kept?

Thanks for your help!

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by pixelkraft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
1 year 11 months ago #341682

Hi,

I don't see how you will be able to do what you want.

Being able to restrict content based on user groups requires user to register on the website in order to create a user account.
So the "Allow User Registration" setting of the Joomla user manager has to be activated for that to happen.

Now, supposing that you activate that, the rest is easy. You don't want to change the "User group on registration" setting. You can leave it to "inherit".
What you need to do is to configure the "user group after registration" setting of each webinar product to the corresponding user group. That way it will add that user group to the user account of the customer after the purchase of the product.
Note that if you don't see the "user group after purchase" setting in each product, you need to activate the HikaShop group plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.
Also, if you have a recent version of HikaShop, this plugin will force the user to register during the checkout if he has a product with the user group after purchase setting set in his cart. You just need to configure the "Display method for registration" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "selector" and then in the "registration" setting below, you can select both "registration" and "guest".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds