How to enter a name and address/email address in Hikashop starter

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 10 months ago #342635

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Address

Hi,
I've chosen Hikashop starter as all I want to do is setup a very basic shop for a sports club.

All I need to do is add a few products like shirts, keyrings etc. got that working.
In Checkout, I only need to checkout the basket and pay via paypal. Shipping will be collection at the club so just need to know who ordered it.

The problem I face is I can't find anyway to enter a name and email address/address at checkout. Everything I try still just shows 'no address' but can't find anyway of entering the name and email address (or any other aspect of an address).
I don't want to force a registration and log details, not that I seem to be able to do that either!

This is about as simple a shop as you can get but please help me get this running. I know its only the starter edition but I expected to be able to place a very basic order, but without an address, I can't do it.

Thanks for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 10 months ago #342648

Hi,

I'm not sure where that "no address" message comes from. Are you talking about an error message when you're redirected to the payment gateway ?
I suppose you must have removed the "login" view from the checkout workflow to circumvent the need for the user to register.
This is fine in itself but you also need to remove the "address" view, otherwise the system will ask for you to enter an address and that is only possible if you're logged in.

Note that to do a guest checkout, where registration is not asked, the normal procedure is to keep the "login" view in your checkout workflow and instead of set the "registration" setting to "guest". However, that is an option only available with the Essential and Business editions. That's one of the main selling points of the Essential edition:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hika-essential.html

Checkout without registration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds