Address not updated during checkout

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 8 months ago #343574

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 103.0.5060.134
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Getting blank address after saving address during checkout. Please let me know issue.

Getting blank address after saving address during checkout. Please let me know issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
1 year 8 months ago #343581

Hello,

We will need more elements in order to be precise in our help, so can you provide these elements :
- Url link where we can experiment the issue
- A step by step process in order to reproduce your issue
- Active the Joomla Debug (level maximum) can give us clues about the root issue.

Awaiting your elements to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Philip.

1 year 8 months ago #343590

1. Clicked into any product on the CW's site catalogue (chose a random one from Reports), added to cart.
2. Clicked proceed to checkout and was directed to this page: cwdev.alteweek.com/cw-group-report/checkout
3. Wrote all the data for the user and clicked on the button on the end of it that says 'OK'.
4. It immediately updated the Billing address and Shipping address to a blank selected space, still the same URL as above.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by robbed. Reason: add screenshot

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 8 months ago #343591

Hi,

Thanks.

When I look at the HTML of the address form on your checkout, I can see some invalid HTML which I don't find on my end when I look at the same place on my test website.
So I conclude that the file show_block_address might have been customized in an invalid way, either by you or your template provider.
Check if you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout/show_block_address.php
If you do, try renaming it and it should help.
If you don't, then it means that the issue is by default in HikaShop but only happens in some specific configuration of the checkout. We would need a backend access to check your settings. Could you provide that via our contact form with a link to this thread for reference ? www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

1 year 8 months ago #343595

Thanks for your response, I have already tried all those steps such as rename file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout/show_block_address.php but nothing change also i have replaced latest downloaded hikashop file with show_block_address.php but no change. I think there is issue with Hikashop extension

1 year 8 months ago #343609

Hi,

Then, we would need a backend access to check your settings. Could you provide that via our contact form with a link to this thread for reference ? www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

1 year 8 months ago #343660

I have sent details using www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html link please check.

1 year 8 months ago #343684

Hi,

I didn't get any reply from your side after provided admin details.

1 year 8 months ago #343690

Hello,

Can you please re-install the ProtoStar default template in order to perform a test with this same default template to see the impact on the current problem.
And makes your returns, and important notify us when it's done in order to process ourselves some tests with this default template.
Regards

1 year 8 months ago #343709

HI,

I am using joomshaper dustra theme. Why i need to re-install protostar template. Can you please clear me.

1 year 8 months ago #343714

Hello,

Keep a default template allow you to process some test with a basic template this makes it possible to verify that the template is not responsible, even in part, for the problem or to eliminate JavaScript, for example.

Some templates create custom views and can therefore disrupt the expected operation of HikaShop.
This also allows you to isolate if you have some HikaShop override view (associated with your current template).
In short, it's a way in the event of a problem to return to a more basic "configuration", and often to see things more clearly.

therefore it simplifies the analysis and improves our possibilities of finding the problem.
Regards

1 year 8 months ago #343735

Hi,

I have set Cassiopeia - Default as default template. But same issue. But i have tried same extension in another fresh installation it will working fine. I don't why it is not working with our joomla. Can you please let me know...

1 year 8 months ago #343765

Hello,

We continue to deepen the analysis and many things surprise us,your website have tons of customers (fake customer and true user tests?) for only one customer with an address, from this there are only one order with a confirmed status.

So it works only one time for have a complete process, now we wonder if you process some operation directly in your SQL database?
What you could explain that a complete process have been succeed, and impossible since ?... Plugins added ? SQL requested in database ? Other operation ?...
So far we don't know,
we hope this will make you think of anything that can help us find new leads on your problem.

Regards

1 year 8 months ago #343766

Hi,

I also had a look today. The address form now doesn't have any override and the HTML is similar to what we have on our end.
Also, when the data of the address was sent by the browser to the server that data was also correct.
And an address was created by HikaShop, but it didn't contain any data.
So that meant that the issue was during the saving of the address.
I directly thought it might come from a mass action or a custom plugin, but I couldn't find any mass action nor any custom plugin which could be related to this.
So I then checked the custom address fields and they looked fine in the backend.
Still I went and resaved them once just to make sure that the settings I thought in the backend really corresponded to what the checkout address saving system was seeing. And then I had the address saving working on the checkout.
So I conclude that there must have been some issue with the data of the custom address fields in the backend and saving them once fixed the problem.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds