Updating to J 4.2.1 then adding something to cart gives division by zero

• Thank you received: 22
1 year 7 months ago #344289

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.0

After I updated my dev site to Joomla 4.2.1 and updated to the latest HikaShop yesterday I noticed that adding anything to the cart is not working anymore. In the console I see that the answer is "Division by zero"
The same goes for clicking the cart menu-item.

Any thoughts ?

Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by nico.van.leeuwen. Reason: solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 7 months ago #344302

Hi,

I also updated to the 4.2.1 and used the latest build of HikaShop 4.6.1 but I didn't get the error when trying to reproduce.
Could you please activate the "debug system" setting of the Joomla configuration and try again ? Then, please provide the full error message's screenshot.

1 year 7 months ago #344333

Hi Nicolas,

I've turned every logging on and can see this in the logs :

2022-09-01T18:38:34+00:00 CRITICAL 77.63.33.55 error Uncaught Throwable of type DivisionByZeroError thrown with message "Division by zero". Stack trace: #0 [ROOT]/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/shippingplugin.php(69): hikashopCurrencyClass->convertUniquePrice()
#1 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php(279): hikashopShippingPlugin->onShippingDisplay()
#2 [ROOT]/libraries/vendor/joomla/event/src/Dispatcher.php(486): Joomla\CMS\Plugin\CMSPlugin->Joomla\CMS\Plugin\{closure}()
#3 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/EventAware.php(107): Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch()
#4 [ROOT]/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/shipping.php(434): Joomla\CMS\Application\WebApplication->triggerEvent()
#5 [ROOT]/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php(1345): hikashopShippingClass->getShippings()
#6 [ROOT]/components/com_hikashop/controllers/product.php(548): hikashopCartClass->getFullCart()
#7 [ROOT]/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php(672): productController->updatecart()
#8 [ROOT]/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php(2382): Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()
#9 [ROOT]/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php(88): hikashopController->execute()
#10 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php(71): require_once('/home/swanndev/...')
#11 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php(73): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()
#12 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(355): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()
#13 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(200): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()
#14 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(241): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()
#15 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(294): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()
#16 [ROOT]/includes/app.php(61): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()
#17 [ROOT]/index.php(32): require_once('/home/swanndev/...')
#18 {main}

And what I see it something that could be related to shipping?

I hope this is useful.

Attachments:

1 year 7 months ago #344334

Hi,

The issue comes from the fact you've updated PHP to 8 and you have a currency with a rate of 0 with a currency setup requiring a price to be converted between two currencies with one with that rate set to 0, which is not possible. A currency rate should normally never be 0 since that would mean it is not possible to convert.
So while we need to modify the code so that even if someone put 0 in a rate, it doesn't crash, the error you have is not really a problem as that's not something that should happen. Just set a rate in your currencies and the error won't happen.

1 year 7 months ago #344365

Hi Nicolas,

I just checked the currencies but did not find any with a rate of zero.
After updating the rates I still cannot add anything to the cart resulting in the same error.
Just to be certain I sorted the rates to see if I was not mistaken, no currency goes to 0.

Also I was running PHP 8 since starting this site buildt so it does not look like this has any part in this issue.

No problem if you want to take a quick look, I can create an Super User for temp access.

1 year 7 months ago #344400

Hi,

It's strange then.
Change the line:

$price = floatval($price) / floatval($srcCurrency->currency_rate);
to:
if(!empty($srcCurrency->currency_rate) && $srcCurrency->currency_rate > 0.0) {
				$price = floatval($price) / floatval($srcCurrency->currency_rate);
			}
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/currency.php
That's the fix I've made for the error and which will be in the next version of HikaShop.
It should be effective.

1 year 7 months ago #344461

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks, that did the trick.

Nico

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds