E-Books: Waive right to refund

• Thank you received: 5
11 months 2 weeks ago #351598

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 112.0.2 (64-bit)

Hello,

we want to avoid customers ordering an E-Book, downloading it and then refunding their purchase.

To comply with EU-Law, users have to actively waive their right to refund.

Therefore we would like to add a checkbox during checkout that has to be selected for the order to go through (similar to the one for terms&conditions).

A few questions about this:
1) Which view should contain this checkbox?
2) How do I check if the order contains an E-Book? (they have their own category and warehouse)
3) How do I make this checkbox essential?
4) How do I add an error alert if the user tries to order without checking the box?

Apologies if these questions are trivial, my PHP skills are limited at best.

Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by NTV. Reason: Pseudocode abomination erased to hide my shame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 months 2 weeks ago #351603

Hi,

A simple approach would be to create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "checkbox" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
In its settings, you can restrict it based on categories so that it will only appear when at least one product of the categories selected in the custom field is in the cart.
And you can make it required with an error message, etc.
It would be displayed by the "fields" view of your checkout workflow.
Note that this requires HikaShop Business.

Now, it's possible to do it with custom coding but if you're not skilled with it, it will be much faster, easier and cheaper to do it with a custom field. Even I would prefer doing it with a custom field than writing the code.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NTV

• Thank you received: 5
11 months 2 weeks ago #351629

Hi nicolas,

using a custom field is working like a charm - just needed to add a lot of CSS to keep the checkbox in line with the terms&conditions checkbox.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds