• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikamarket Frontedition Hikashop Business
9 months 2 weeks ago #353453

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 115.02
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

The user can select products from the cart without a problem. When the user goes to the checkout screen, they should be able to enter their information and should be able to see the payment method at the bottom of there computer screen. ( See the attached checkout screen ) However, some users have been unable to see the this section of the checkout screen. The last item displayed on their screen is the REVIEW order button. If they click the review button, their information is collected by Hikashop but not the payment information and product(s) ordered. The user is redirected to a partially blank screen and no email is sent. The user information is stored in Hikashop but not the payment and not the ordered product(s). There is no SUBMIT button for the user to see.

This does not happen all the time. It is random. We have tried other computers with different browsers and have varied results.
As a note, I am using a Windows 11 computer with Firefox and can place an order without any problems.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
9 months 2 weeks ago #353458

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the issue on the different computers / browsers / smartphones on my end. I tried on a really slow internet connection, thinking it might be that the page was cut off after a while, but I was able to see the complete page after 5 minutes of loading.

So I don't see what it could be. What kind of browser/computer/smartphone were using the users with the issue ? Do they still have the issue or was it a one time thing ?

9 months 2 weeks ago #353486

The problem still continues randomly. Yesterday we received two requests. The first request was received correctly. The second request was not received correctly. On the second request the guest information was recorded to the customer database but no payment information was received. The second request appears to be stuck in the cart without any payment method or product requested.

So last night I did a test with my tablet and my Andriod phone. I tried to place a request using each device. When I clicked Proceed To Cart, the checkout only displayed the Guest information but not the Payment Method information. However, I tried a request again with both devices. Instead of clicking on the Proceed To Cart, I held my finger on Proceed To Cart and the popup box showed a choice of Open In Tab. I selected the Open in Tab and the entire checkout form was displayed. I was then about to complete the request.

I have not contacted either person who made requests yesterday. I will attempt to contact them today to get some particulars about their browser, OS, device used, any ad-block apps and any other app that they may be using..

• Thank you received: 13082
9 months 2 weeks ago #353510

Hi,

Thank you for the details.
Unfortunately, I still don't see how this could be happening.

Which browser are you using on your android phone ? And which brand / model is it ?
Could you do a screenshot of the area around the "review order" button when you able to reproduce the issue ?

9 months 2 weeks ago #353518

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9+.
I have two browsers that I use. Samsung Internet and Firefox. When I use the Samsung Internet I do not get the complete checkout form. See attached screen shot. However, when I use Firefox, the complete checkout form is displayed.

I'm beginning to think it might be a browser problem but Firefox appears to work fine.

I am waiting for a response from the last two people who requested computers. One request worked and the other didn't.

Since we haven't updated to the latest version of Hikashop Business 4.74 , would our next step be to do the update and see if that resolves the issue.?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 612
9 months 2 weeks ago #353533

Hello,

To verify and above all eliminate a case that could possibly explain the situation you are describing, have you defined restrictions (zone, currency, others...) on your payment methods?

Another test that you can perform to try to give us clues about the cause of your problem, is to try to reproduce your problem but with a default template (Cassiopeia), and make your feedback to see if that change something.

Regards

Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Philip.

9 months 2 weeks ago #353548

I verified that there are no restrictions on the payment methods. In fact, we only use collect on pickup.

Since we are a volunteer non-profit organization, we are only open three days a week. Sometimes it doesn't always work out that all support people are working the same days. With that said, we plan on having an online meeting today to discuss what we have found (or not found ) that could pinpoint what is causing the problem.

I will discuss with the group the idea of a different template to test the cart.

Appreciate all the help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

9 months 2 weeks ago #353578

Just a followup on this issue

Our support staff contacted several of the persons who made requests thru our Request Cart.
Firefox and MS Edge were the two browsers that were being used.
Two users with failed attempts were using Firefox with an AdBlocker. Our staff instructed the two users to clear there cache and history plus disable the AdBlocker. The two users then entered a new request and the Request Cart worked fine.
One other user did the same with his Edge browser and his second request worked.

We have added a notice in our Request Cart Instructions advising the user the turn off their AdBlocker prior to making a request. Also to clear their browser cache and history.

We received several other requests after posting the AdBlocker instructions. Those requests worked.

We will keep an eye on this issue, but for now we are hoping that our issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your assistance.

8 months 3 weeks ago #354261

We found the cart error and it did not involve the adblocker.

We stumbled onto the answer quite by chance.

It seems that in one of our product descriptions, there was an incorrect url link to Proceed To Cart. Once we corrected the error, the cart worked as it should

Problem resolved

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds