No shopping cart or checkout

• Thank you received: 0
9 months 2 weeks ago #353514

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.26

Hi

I'm a total newbie at newbie at Hikashop but learning fast.

I installed HikaShop Starter 4.7.4 on my local machine after installing Joomla 4 and updated to the most recent version. No Joomla sample data is installed.
With the installation of HikaShop, I chose the default settings for the menu- and layout structure and also installed the Sample data.
I also left on the Sandbox option.

After adding a couple of shoes and so on, with the popup message telling me every time that it has been added to the shopping cart, there is no option/menu visible to see the shopping cart or to checkout. All the menus are active.

I am sure that it is something small I miss but not sure where to look.

Thanks very much.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
9 months 1 week ago #353531

Hi,

You have two options:
- you can configure the "HikaShop cart module" to be displayed in the position of your template you want.
- you can configure the "HikaShop cart notification plugin" to change the behavior after an add to cart (like redirect to the checkout, or display a popup with a button to access the checkout).

9 months 1 week ago #353535

nicolas wrote: Hi,

You have two options:
- you can configure the "HikaShop cart module" to be displayed in the position of your template you want.
- you can configure the "HikaShop cart notification plugin" to change the behavior after an add to cart (like redirect to the checkout, or display a popup with a button to access the checkout).

Thanks very much. Will I find this in the documentation on how to do it?

• Thank you received: 13079
9 months 1 week ago #353538

Hi,

Well, editing/creating a module instance is something common with the Joomla CMS.
So we didn't write a documentation specific to this. Joomla already has some on this:
docs.joomla.org/Help310:Extensions_Module_Manager_Edit
docs.joomla.org/module

For the plugin, it's the same:
docs.joomla.org/Administration_of_a_Plugin_in_Joomla
On top of this, when you edit a plugin, you can use the "show inline help" button to get description for each setting to help you understand what does what.

The following user(s) said Thank You: deonholt

9 months 1 week ago #353562

Hi.
thanks very much.

I was thinking that if I do a clean install with the sample data installed, the Shopping Basket would have shown automatically.

I managed to get it to show with your help. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds