Account confirmation link empties cart

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356824

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.0

Hello

We are testing our new shop based on Hikashop HikaShop Business: 5.0.0 / Joomla 5.0.0. We have integrated the registration in the checkout. The data must be entered before payment. After registration, the confirmation e-mail is triggered correctly. If the user clicks on the link to confirm the account, they are taken to the start page. So far, everything works as desired. However, the link deletes all items that were in the shopping cart. The cart is empty message is also displayed.

The link is: DOMAIN.xyz/index.php?option=com_hikashop...8&Itemid=282&lang=de

282 is the ID of the HikaShop Checkout menu item.

Is it possible for the link to lead directly to the checkout again?
How can I prevent the shopping basket from being deleted?

Regards
Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
5 months 1 week ago #356838

Hi,

The link actually brings the user to the checkout. However, if the cart is lost in the middle, then the checkout cannot display itself and will redirect to the "URL where to redirect when cart is empty" configured in the HikaShop configuration page.

So the only issue is why the cart is lost.

I checked your website and I can see that I get logged in automatically. Normally, the HikaShop User Synchronization plugin is responsible for transferring the cart from the guest user session to the logged in user session during the login process.
So the most likely cause of this problem would be that this plugin has been disabled in the Joomla plugins manager. Could you please check on this ?

• Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356847

Thank you very much for the feedback. I have checked the plugin 'HikaShop user synchronisation plugin', it is activated. The parameters 'Display custom user fields on user profile edition page' and 'Load HikaShop on all pages' are both set to 'Yes'.

The plugin 'HikaShop joomla user account link plugin' is also activated. There the parameter 'Force menu' is empty, 'Redirect back' is set to 'Yes'.

5 months 1 week ago #356849

Hi,

Then I'm not sure what the problem is. I tried to reproduce the problem on my end and it worked fine.
One thing you could try is to turn off the user account activation in the Joomla user manager options page to see if you still have the same problem when there is no activation going on.
And what if you go through the Joomla user registration form instead of HikaShop's ?
Also, if you have a cart as a guest, and you manually login to an existing account, do you also have the problem ?

Also, I can see you're using a build of HikaShop 5 from the 17th of October. Since then, we've added several hot fixes (which will also be included in the next release of HikaShop to be coming out soon). So I would recommend downloading again the install package of the 5.0.0 on our website and installing it on yours in order to get all the latest patchs. That might help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smart web

• Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356883

Hi

Good news: After installing the latest version, the link works again as desired. Many thanks for your help.
One more question: If I delete a user from Hikashop, shouldn't this user also be removed in Joomla? This is currently not happening.

Regards
Stefan

5 months 1 week ago #356885

Hi,

The delete action there is mainly there to be able to delete guest users.
For Joomla accounts, the user has to be deleted through Joomla.
If you delete it there, it will only delete the user entry in HikaShop, and then a new user entry for that user will be recreated by HikaShop when necessary (if the user logs in for example).

The following user(s) said Thank You: smart web

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds