Click and Collect

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
4 months 2 weeks ago #357472

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.1

Unsure if this has been answered before, may be wrong query.

Our shop is for click and collect
Order today and pick up tomorrow.

To appease the ignorant is it possible to add a pickup date to the email response they receive confirming their order?

I'm thinking a bridge too far, but figured I'd ask ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
4 months 2 weeks ago #357479

Hi,

You can create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "advanced date picker" via the menu Display>Custom fields with the Business edition. That way, you can either have the users select his desired date during the checkout, or for you to set the available date when editing the order in the backend, and you can configure the field to display (or not) its value in the emails, the invoice, etc.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yerg55

• Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357637

Thanks so much
Will get the staff off my back wanting that happening.

• Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357650

So is it possible to order say 10 items Monday to Friday and 15 on Saturday?

Some people are never satisfied :whistle:

Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by yerg55.

4 months 1 week ago #357652

Hi,

You mean that you want customers to be able to select several dates for different products of their order ?
You sure could create several custom fields. You could even restrict the different fields to different categories of products.
But having the customer choose which product to be available on which day is not easily feasible.
It would require a heavy development. Something close to a thousands euros.

• Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357669

Thanks Nicholas

Clarification: customer can from the whole range of products on any day limited by the available numbers, which differ M-F compared to Sat

Ok what the bakery CEO is seeking is the ability for a customer to order online on any day and designate a future pick up date
The bakery is to have a limited offering for click and collect so as to meet retail orders firstly, and then add production ( product available ) depending on the online orders.

Sort of like making a booking for a restaurant and ordering what you will eat at that time?

For example using a specific product

Monday to Friday
Product available = 32
Maximum Order = 16

Saturday
Product available = 16
Maximum Order = 6

So on Monday a customer is able to order 6 for Saturday pickup
Saturday availability is now 10

Customer decides which day they wish to collect their items when they order and limits are applied accordingly.

Hope that's clearer than muddy water ;)

I'm thinking the request may be a bridge too far

Thanks

Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by yerg55.

4 months 1 week ago #357672

Hi,

Ok, I see what you mean.
It's feasible, but it's even more complex than I thought.
You'll need a developer to work on a custom plugin for this.
It needs a table in the database to store the availability and maximum order for each product for each type of day.
Then, it needs the development of a custom type of custom fields thanks to our field API to automatically disable dates in the advanced date picker selector based on availability of each product in the cart and their max order and the quantity in the cart, and the orders already placed by others, and a check each time the cart is loaded in order to make sure that the current cart content still matches with the date selected.
That kind of development should cost more than a thousand euros.

Maybe a simpler approach where you just set a max quantity per order in each product would be good enough and it wouldn't cost anything to implement ? Then, he could check the sales every day, tally the orders for each day with Excel, and if he sees too many people ordering for the same day, he could manually edit the custom field settings and exclude that day from the selector.

So the question is then is it worth it for your bakery client to have a custom plugin developed or is it better to do it manually for now ?

• Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357764

Thanks for that
Sorta figured in my ignorance that it wasn't simple.

Staff doing their thing logging in and changing things is a bridge too far.
4:30 am is go time ... with time being of the essence.
Having to print out orders for click n collect when they get in is yet something else to do :S

You'll need a developer to work on a custom plugin for this.

I mentioned that sort of fee to do a custom addon and they were quite happy.
Your mob able to do this work or do I need to go further afield?

Will get back after Christmas with some clear guidance from them.

Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by yerg55. Reason: clarity

4 months 6 days ago #357791

Hi,

Having to print out orders for click n collect when they get in is yet something else to do

I think you want to look at integrating HikaShop with Zapier
You can integrate HikaShop with it through Zapier using the "email by zapier" app. In HikaShop, you configure the order status email's BCC to go to a zapier email address of your account, and this app will allow you to extract the information of the order.
Then, you can use something like help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/849628...TAHMM9MFFP2TSK03W1TB to add delay to the task based on the date selected by the user
And then, you can send the data to a printer when the time is right community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/can-zapi...nch-a-print-job-9329

Your mob able to do this work or do I need to go further afield?

We're quite busy usually and we're a small team, so if you can have someone do it on your end, I think it's best. But if the stars are aligned, maybe we have some time for it when you're ready for it...

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds