FEATURE REQUEST - Hikashop Media Manager

• Thank you received: 6
12 years 3 months ago #37313

I would like the ability to manage images from the backend. There should be a hikashop media manager for all the images uploaded for the products, categories, manufacturers etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
12 years 3 months ago #37450

We don't plan on adding that for now.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 9 months ago #57758

I was just wondering about that, too. Had to change only the first image of a product, to be able to do that I first have to remove ALL images, then add them all over again. That should not be necessary I think. And all the images are uploaded again.

In my opninion three features would make this MUCH easier to do:
1. possibility to change the order of the product images
2. possibility to change the source of the images (if you click the edit button there's nothing to edit besides the name of the image, would be helpfull if you could select/upload a new image)
3. a media-manager, so you can re-use uploaded images already.

This is not something that's easy to explain to my clients, things like this mean that it is NOT an easy shop to be managed by themselves (and really, that is what clients ask for). I can imagine what happens if they want to change just one pic by themselves: do it over and over and over again, with a lot of images being uploaded over and over again, wasting a lot of diskspace and growing frustration.

Would be really great to see this in the future (if only the first two features could be realized it would already help some). Hopefully you have the time to look into to this.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 9 months ago #57842

Hi,

If you use the latest version of HikaShop, there is already an ordering column where you can enter the order of the images. So you don't have to delete/add anymore the images just to change their ordering.

The possibility to change an image by uploading a new image could be added in the future but it's not a priority since you can just add a new one, delete the old one and adapt the ordering column.
Also, when you delete the images, it also delete the files, so you don't waste diskspace.

The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds