duration and prices

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #50273

Ok so I downloaded to have a look. It doesn't look like I can do what I want in the free version. I sell tarot readings and I need it set like this

Product would be Tarot Readings with a drop down box giving 20 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins and 60 mins all at different prices. I tried using the characterstics section but nothing seemed to work. Can I do this in the free version and if so how? I am quite prepared to go up to the paid version but I need to know it works first. In other shops I have used its easy to add these different time/price slots but it doesn't seem easy here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #50282

Hello paulwilliams,

Yes it works in the free version, you'll have to :

Create a caracteristic named " time "

- Go to "Hikashop -> products -> caracteristics "
- Set the name and the alias to time
- add 4 new values named "20mins" "30mins" "45mins" "60mins"

Create a product named "tarot reading"

- Go to " Hikashop -> Products -> Ads a product "
- name it tarot reading
- set the description
- don't set any volume/weight
- set the "caracteritics" to time
- press the "manage variants" button
- set a price to every variants.

Hope this will help you.

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulwilliams

11 years 11 months ago #50338

Great done that, the problem was IE for some reason I cannot do most of the things in admin in IE, if I switch to Firefox its fine??
One other question, I don't see the HikaShop Content Module like in the demo, are these just for the paid version, my site is still on Joomla 1.5 don't know if that is the problem. In my admin all I have is mod_hikashop, are they the same, they don't look it.
What I need to do is to be able to show two products in postions user1 and user2 as per on my site now www.paultheseer.co.uk/diary (I want to move away from mals as it isn't a proper cart)
I can't see how you can set each module to only show one product in each position. I must I like what I see so far though.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #50358

Hello,

No, it's not just for the paid version so you can create this content module if you want to (in "Hikashop -> Display -> Content module").

If you want to show two products in postions "user1 and user2 as per" in your content module you'll have to set the "Number of columns" to 2.

11 years 11 months ago #50359

Ok thanks but what I cant figure out is how do I define it to just that product id, I cant see anywhere in the module that takes the id of the product. I want phone readings in user1 and face to face in user 2 then cart in third position as it is now. It looks like the module pulls either random or latest products.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 11 months ago #50475

You need to create a new unpublished category and assign it to your product as second category. Then, create a products listing module with that category as associated category and your module will always display that one product. Do the same twice and here you go.

11 years 11 months ago #50480

Ok thanks, but just so I have got it right, you mentioned an unpublished category I don't get that part. If its unpublished how will it show, or have I got that totally wrong.

11 years 11 months ago #50537

Unpublished categories won't be displayed on the front end. But you will be able to see and select them on the back end.
That can be useful if you want to have "hidden groups" of products for specific cases like what you want to do.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

11 years 11 months ago #50538

Thanks, so I will be able to display it on a joomla menu page and in this case user1 module position, that's the bit I didn't understand i.e I thought an un published cat would not show as its not active.

Paul

11 years 11 months ago #50569

I really can't figure this out. On the module screen do I select "Associated category 2 product category" there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting the unpublished cat and it isn't showing. Could you give me the precise walk through of setting or point me in the direction of a manual on this.

11 years 11 months ago #50662

First create a products listing like that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#products_module
In the hikashop options of your module:
- set the number of items to 1
- set the associated category to your unpublished category
and that's it. You products listing module will display the one product from that category.

Indeed, unpublished categories are not displayed on the front end. However, you can still tell the system to display products from unpublished categories like that.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds