Variants dropdown list optimization?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55638

Hello,

I have a shop online with about 80 variants per product. The first variant is a color and there are 40 of it. The site itself is loading pretty fast and is displayed well, but I think the dropdown list of the variants needs a bit longer to load (the rotating circle in the explorer shows that).

What happens then is, that a visitor who knows the site could click onto the dropdown list with the colors before the page has finished loading and when the site has finished loading (maybe a second later) the dropdown list flips back down and one has to click it again.

Do you know if there is a solution for that? Something like that the dropdown list will be displayed after the page is loaded completely?

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 10 months ago #55744

The solution will be to edit the file 'show' of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and remove the blocks of code for information that doesn't change from one variant to another.
For example, if the description is always the same, you can remove that code:
<div id="hikashop_product_description_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$variant->product_description));?>
</div>

That will reduce the size of the page, its processing and allow browser to download the page much faster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds