Hikashop Images. Where is this folder located?

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 3 weeks ago #192670

-- HikaShop version -- : LATEST

Hi,
When i create a product and try to upload images for this product there are 2 options. +Add and >Select.
If i press select i can see a folder with all images of my products. This file is not in Media Manager and i can't find it anywhere in Hikashop. Where is it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 3 weeks ago #192673

Hi,

Several ways to find out:

• Read the documentation.
  • Accordingly, look in your HikaShop system main configuration what is specified as "Upload folder".
  • Search this forum for keywords "images folder location" or similar.
  • Search the files on your server for a known image file name.

But to save you any or all of it: By default it's
/media/com_hikashop/upload
:)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geor

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 3 weeks ago #192678

Hi,

The lousyfool message is correct but can be partially incorrect depending when you installed HikaShop.
The default path has changed in HikaShop 2.3.5
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html

The default upload folder is now images/com_hikashop/upload instead of media/com_hikashop/upload so that the images are indexable by search engines and that you can manage them with the media manager of Joomla

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool, Geor

9 years 3 weeks ago #192717

Thanks for the addendum, Jerome.

I notice, however, that an update to 2.3.5 doesn't change anything - the old folder at /media/com_hikashop/upload remains in use, no new folder in /images is being created - so, I guess the new location is only true for brand-new, "virgin" 2.3.5 installations, and so, your note is true for users who started with 2.3.5 from scratch.

Geor's inexplicit "latest" for version number, plus especially the fact of him or her being unable to access the images with the Media Manager, let me assume that either he is still using what he believes is "latest" but happens to be 2.3.4 or older, or he had updated from a previous version to 2.3.5 - hence, for him /media/com_hikashop/upload must still be true. ;)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

• Thank you received: 13037
9 years 3 weeks ago #192746

That's right. The path is only different for brand new installs, not updates.

9 years 3 weeks ago #192876

Thank you both for your answers. Is this on the website's backend or is it through my webhost?
Amateur here :)

9 years 3 weeks ago #192880

Well, since you were asking for the location of HikaShop product images, we gave you the folder path, which is part of the folder structure in the root directory of your website = where Joomla is installed.

You can comfortably upload images to that folder by using the "Add" button in the "Images" section of product addition/edition pages in the HikaShop backend.

If you e.g. want to upload a bunch of images at once to this folder, so that they are available by clicking the "Select" button (instead of "Add"), it means you need to access to a folder on a remote computer = your webhost. To do so, you'd usually use FTP, or eventually a "file manager" in the user interface of your webhost.
But careful, with both FTP or a file manager you can also cause damage - just like on your own local computer, when messing with files...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Geor

9 years 3 weeks ago #192881

Thank you. Another problem i have is when i access the webhost i cannot find anywhere on the file manager (cpanel) my website's files. Where should i go (without ftp software) in the cpanel exactly to access my website's files?

9 years 3 weeks ago #192882

If you're not sure where to look, or can't find your website's (http) root, please ask your webhost. Different webhosts can have different systems and naming conventions for what is stored where...

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 3 weeks ago #192879

Hi,

Like lousyfool explained, you can see the folder path in your HikaShop configuration.
If it's in the "images", you would be able to access it thanks to the Joomla media manager ; otherwise the best is to use a FTP client.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302752

Found the folder and every image uploaded is in it ... SERIOUSLY? Images aren't placed in order folders!!! Amateur hour! Hikashop ... You really need to step up your game and start earning your subscription money. Bloody hopeless

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 2 months ago #302753

Hi,

I don't see what is amateur about storing the uploaded images in a folder ?
That might not suits your needs but it's just a decision we made when developing the system, it has nothing to do about being amateur or not.
Now, if you could explain your situation rather than flame us, maybe we could provide an alternative, or some solution to your situation. Or maybe we could implement some feature in the future to be able to support what you need.
I don't even know what images you're talking about ?
If it's the product images you upload in the backend, then you can upload them via the Joomla media manager in different folders and then select them in the HikaShop product edition/creation interface, which does support sub folders.
Also, when using HikaMarket Multivendor, the images and files of products will be stored in subfolders, one per vendor.
If it's images/files uploaded via custom order/item fields by the customer on the frontend, they are stored in a secure folder and the images/files can't be accessed directly. And then, in each order or order emailnotification, you have links to the uploaded images/files so you can easily access them, without having to know where they are.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds