How do Bundles work.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #277520

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.airsoft-hq.co.za/shop/index.php/airs...n-brown-grip?popup=1
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 53.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

I have tried to fiddle around with this function but do not seem to get any changes.
There is also nothing in the help section.

I want to bundle a gun with 2 magazines at a discounted price.
How do I go about doing this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 6 months ago #277536

Hi,

Having products as bundle of others, the quantity of the bundled product will be updated after the purchase of the main product.
That's all it does.
It's to keep a consistent inventory for your products.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #283948

It would be great if the bundles also would show the images of the products and link to the original products in the bundle.

Discount price is an option, but it would be just ok for me if the shop just adds the prices into a total.

It can combine everything of the product, the stock is not so important for me.

Just my 2 cents :-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: kimbare

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #283950

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
We will take it under consideration for future improvements.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 75
6 years 3 months ago #284064

Hi,

perhaps we can add another suggestion:
If one of the products in the bundle is out of stock, it would make sense that the bundled product itself would also automatically be out of stock.

Extending this idea further, it wouldn't be necessary to manually fill in the quantity of the bundle at all, since it can be determined by the stock of each of the products in the bundle.
Let's say you have a bundle of two products, red and blue flowers. If the blue flowers have 8 in stock and the red flowers have 5 in stock, than it shouldn't really be possible to buy more than 5 of the bundle either, right?

It would be a great improvement if Hikashop can keep track of a bundled product's stock like this automatically.

Kind regards,

The following user(s) said Thank You: kimbare

6 years 3 months ago #284070

Hi,

These are indeed good ideas.
We'll look at adding them in the future.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

5 years 5 months ago #299416

Hi,

related to our previous message above regarding stock of bundled products, we've come across an issue.
Although Hikashop automatically keeps track of the maximum quantity of the bundle by checking the stock of each product in the bundle, it still allows a user to buy the bundle as well as the individual products beyond what is in stock.

For example let's say you have a bundle of two products, red flowers (8 in stock) and blue flowers (5 in stock). It is not possible to buy more than 5 of the bundle, which is correct, but it is however possible to buy 5 of the bundle as well as 5 of the blue flowers. In other words, a customer can this way buy 10 blue flowers in total even though we only have 5 in stock.
Would it be possible to prevent this from happening and properly check total quantity when a bundle and also one of its individual products are added to cart?

Thanks for the help.

5 years 5 months ago #299430

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. That's indeed a good point.
I was able to reproduce the problem and we've added a patch on our end in order to take that into account.
You can download again the install package on our website and install it on yours in order to get the patch.

4 years 2 months ago #314590

Hi,

for our bundles we leave the quantity empty because we want Hikashop to calculate the max. quantity based on the availability of each product in the bundle as we discussed previously in this thread, which works great and displays correctly on the product pages.
However, we just noticed when we add a bundle to the cart, on the cart page it will always show as "Unlimited stock" (even if there is only 1 in stock).

It would be great if this can be fixed and the actual max. available quantity of the bundle can also be displayed correctly in the cart just like on the product page.

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 609
4 years 2 months ago #314613

Hello,

Can you precise the context via a screenshot because so far we aren't sure to follow you well, as for us in our checkout the cart don't display any "Unlimited stock" message.
Sorry for this return, and awaiting elements from you to move forward on the subject.

Regards

4 years 2 months ago #314636

Hi,

we never mentioned the checkout, so not sure why you're looking there, we're talking about the cart display page.

To see the issue:
1. Create a product with a quantity of e.g. 4 in stock.
2. Create a bundle with this product and some others, leave the quantity field empty.
3. On the front-end, the bundle product page will correctly say "4 in stock" (see first attached image).
4. Add the bundle to cart and go to cart display page.
5. The cart display page will show the product has "Unlimited ietms in stock" (see second attached image).

Hikashop correctly calculates the stock for the bundle on product pages, but not on cart pages (and also not on product listing pages).
Hope that makes it more clear.

Attachments:

4 years 2 months ago #314656

Hi,

Thank you for the details. That's indeed a good point. I've added some patches on our end to fix that.
You can download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the fix.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds