How to specify Menu / Submenu Ordering?

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 7 months ago #278395

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1

Guys,

I am feeling really silly at the moment, but how does one set the ordering of the menus and submenus?

For example, I have something like this

"Home" "Help Center" "Shop" "Search "My Account" "Contact Us" <---- How to I specify the order across the top menus are?
Policies1
XXX2
XXX3 <

How do I specify the vertical order of the submenus as well?

I know that in the "Ordering" Drop down, you can specify First and Last, but what about in the middle? How do I put each item in the order of my choosing? They don't follow alphabetically, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to put them in the right flow / order for the site. They seem to just land where ever, and it is messing with the feng shui of my site...
PS - Help files did not help and i only find info on organizing the product listings but not menus.

The attached screenshot shows you how un-organized my menu / submenus are and I would really like to put them in a specific order based on the proper flow a customer would use.

Please let me know. Cheers

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Dardwizzle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #278406

Well now, I feel silly, I figured it out, and it was so simple, but thats why I missed it. It seems that you just have to cycle through moving your menu / submenu items to the first or last until you cycle them where you want them .The simplicity of it threw me off, however, I nice feature request would be if there could be a drop down number listing or number text box where you could select the ordering in a quick 1, 2, 3 and set them as you want them rather then cycle through them.

Anyway, Cheers folks, I am sure someone else has had this question so I hope my answering my own question helps someone else!

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #278435

Hello,

Sorry but I don't see the relation with HikaShop since you're talking about Joomla menus.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #278490

Sorry, if they are Joomla menu's and not HikaShop menus then that is my bad. I am still understanding the separation between what is Joomla and what is HikaShop and it was just explained to me last night so I understand now. As it was explained to me, Joomla is the Engine, and HikaShop is like the Air Conditioning. It's an addon to the engine. :)

I am still learning, so I guess I have no issue for this forum since HikaShop does not have anything to do with the . I will get it all understood eventually, but hey, atleast I have a working site and I was able to figure out how to order the Joomla Menus all be it it's a convoluted way to do it, but it works... :)
Disregard my non-sense... I do believe however, aside from that goof up, my questions make a lot more sense then they used too and I tend to actually have legitimate questions compared to when I first came here lol

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #278491

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #278537

Thank you, I did not know about that help page. Very useful!

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds