How to set digital downloads to free

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 7 months ago #278608

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1

Hi guys,

This should be easy but I have yet to find documentation that explains this..

I want to add free downloadable eBooks on my site, and I have turned on the customer download area, I uploaded the eBook as a product and set up the product with 0 weight / dimensions, which would tell the system that no shipping is required, however, I can't find how to set the download to "free". I would have thought it would be either something you set in the "Add Product" window, but even setting the price to $0.00 doesn't set it to free. There doesn't appear to be a setting in the HikaShop configuration pages either. So I don't know where this is set.

It would be great if a little more explanation of this would be in the "HELP" documentation and if it is there, I sure could not find it. According to the help file (screenshot attached) there is a place to specify the valid order status, but I don't have such field. Does this mean that my version of HikaShop does not support this feature? Again, we have the Business / Developer version. So I would think we would but I could be wrong.

Cheers

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 7 months ago #278625

Hi,

There is no documentation for that because it's automatic.
If you don't set any price to the product, the product is free and will appear as free.
So if your product has files: the files will be available after the checkout when the order status is changed to "confirmed" (which can be done automatically for free orders with the plugin "validate free orders" which normally is activated by default).
Otherwise, if you want the files to be available even without any checkout, just edit the files in the product edition interface and check the "free download" checkbox. That way, the file will be available on the product page without any action required from the customer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds