Setting up Categories, Options, and/or Variants

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 6 months ago #279098

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.0

Hi, I'm setting up a website and wondering the best way to configure organization. Each product created will be a certain draft (ex. NFL 2018 draft, 2019 NHL draft, etc). I want each draft created to have different prices for each pick (ex. 1st pick, 2nd pick, 3rd pick, etc). The vendor could specify the total number of picks for each draft and assign prices for each pick number (ex. 1st pick = $200, 2nd pick = $150, etc). I'm not sure the best way to set this up. I'm using HikaMarket so I don't want the vendors to have to re-create the pick options each time they create a product (draft). I'd just like them to be able to describe their product (draft), show how many total picks are available, assign a price for each pick number, and specify when the dates of the draft

Ideally a "shopper" could just see the drafts based on categories. Like a category for football, baseball, hockey, etc but in creation of products on the front end, I'd like the vendors to just chose the category or categories that the draft is in, pick total number of picks, and prices of each pick, and when the dates the draft will be open.

Any thoughts on how to set this up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #279149

Hello,

Regarding your description, you want to use the "product template" feature but with several templates so the vendor would be able to select the "draft" of product he wants to create.
That feature is in our TODO list and we really hope to implement it soon. For the moment there is just one single "product template" per vendor, so each time a vendor wants to create a product his product template is loaded to pre-fill the fields (and force the data for the fields that the vendor do not have access for).

Afterwards, I'm not sure to understand fully the way that the "picks" are working and how the decreasing price is process.
But it looks like it would be something done "automatically". The way I see it, your vendor would enter the basic information in some custom fields and a custom plugin will read these values to generate the prices.
Thus the interface for your vendors will be simple since they won't have to edit the prices directly but the plugin will do that job for them.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 4 months ago #281789

I'm still working on my product variants. I've created a category called "Picks" and created 8 options (variants) for those picks (like 1st pick, 2nd pick, 3rd ...). I've created a product template (and assigned it to all my vendors since I'm using hikamarket) and in that template I have added that "Pick" characteristic and added the 8 possible variants. With each variant on the template, I've chosen a quantity of 1 and left the price field blank. All I want the vendor to be required to do when adding products on the front end is create the name, total number of picks, description, fill in some custom fields about the product (that I've created and work fine), and then specify which of the variants are available and a price for each.

Unfortunately It's not working that way. When adding the product in the front end, I can add the product but don't see the "Variant" tab until I save the product and reopen it. Then I see the variants. I have to add them and go through editing each one again. Quantity is unlimited--not what I had saved on the template. Seems like there should be a simpler way where the vendor could create the product, chose which variants are available (either quantity of 1 or 0) and then establish price of each. Is that possible? Perhaps using a combination of ACL (which fields show) and limiting quantity of variants to either 1 or 0.

6 years 4 months ago #281801

Hello,

The goal of the product template is to pre-fill (or set) values for the product fields.
So when you want to create a new product, the fields are already with some data.

But as you know, when you click on the "new" button, the product is not created in the database.
So, logically you can't have variants for a product which do not exist yet.
Having variant means you have some entries in the database ; which also mean that the main product is stored in the database.

That's why, what you're asking regarding the variants is not possible.

But, as I wrote in my previous message, you need some custom development :

But it looks like it would be something done "automatically". The way I see it, your vendor would enter the basic information in some custom fields and a custom plugin will read these values to generate the prices.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #281897

I get it. Could you tell me how it is possible through ACL to just have vendors when creating a product see the main product fields, like images, descriptions, custom fields and then when adding variant only have the option of adding a price and quantity available? I'm sure this is possible and I keep playing around with ACL but now I'm getting 500 Layout variant_price not found. when I click to edit the variant. I can't figure out the right combination of boxes to check. Is there a good help site showing what is what or could you direct me on how to just show those fields to a logged in vendor when making a new product?

6 years 4 months ago #281910

Hi,

Open a new thread in the HikaMarket section of the forum for your HikaMarket question.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds