translations of order status

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #282211

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : latest

Hi,

I have a problem with the translations of some items.

When an order is placed the status is changed and this is displayed in the email.

On the place of the %s the actual status and order number is written. The last %s is the status in this case "confirmed"
I need to translate this item and can not find where I have to change it. I already changed this one:
ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED="bevestigd" via the overrides.

ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO="De status van de bestelling met Nr. %s is gewijzigd naar %s.

Where can I find this?

And also when I only want to use one variable .. I am not able to do this. When I leave the first %s. The order number is given as order status.
Hope my question is clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
6 years 5 months ago #282225

Hi,

1. Go in the menu System>Order statuses and edit the order status you want to translate.
Take the name of the order status as written in the input field, uppercase it and prepend ORDER_STATUS_ to it and you'll have the key you need to use in your translation override file.
So if you left "Confirmed", like it is by default, it should indeed be ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED.
If the translation system cannot find a translation key for an order status, it will keep the original status name.
That could happen for example if you have some errors in your translation file or its override file.
To check on that, activate the "debug language" setting of the Joomla configuration and check the bottom of a HikaShop page while displaying the website in the language you want. It will contain information on which translation files have errors and on which lines.

2. That's normal. There is an order in the translation variables. But it is possible to swap the order and to omit variables even when they aren't the last ones. I invite you to read this piece of documentation on Joomla's translation files which explains all that in great details:
docs.joomla.org/Formatted_fields_in_lang..._translation_strings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds