Characteristis/variants issue since update

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #286150

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 57.0.4

Hello!
I have been facing some issues since the latest product update.

So far, I created a characteristic with the values I needed, then went to the product page, select this characteristic, and that was it!

Now, I see that after adding the characteristic (plus a default value now) in my product page, I then have to separately add one by one all the Variants (in this new ‘Variants’ tab). If I don’t do that, then only the ‘default value’ appears as an option on my frontend.
This is extremely time consuming for me. Isn’t there a way to do this like before?

Thank you in advance,
Nadia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 2 months ago #286155

Hi,

We've changed the system like that because people were trying to add characteristics with hundreds of values and it was crashing the pages because of too much resources.
And generating all the variants and then deleting the uneeded ones, or not generating them, and adding the needed ones is not necessarily slower. It depends on your situation.
Finally, you don't need to add the variants one by one. After you've added your characteristics to the product, go in the variants tab, click on the add button, and there, for each characteristic, you can open the dropdown selector, press the CTRL key of your keyboard and click on the values you want to add for that product.
Then, click on the OK button and it will generate all the variants (combination of selected values of the characteristics) automatically.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds