Ordering in the name of a customer

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 1 day ago #305889

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.softdune.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3 
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 73.0.3683.103

The webshop we are using is mainly for B2B.
My client is frequently doing fairs.
During these fairs orders are written down on paper. She wants to be able to enter these orders in the webshop, so the invoicing and shipping is controlled.
Same for orders she receives from customers per email.

So question:
What would be the best way to enter orders in the name of a customer?
We do this at the back-end or front-end, whatever is the easiest solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 1 day ago #305900

Hi,

You can do it either from the frontend or the backend.
Int he backend, you first want to create the user account via the Joomla menu manager, then click on the "new" button of the orders listing, change the user of the order, enter his address, additional information (shipping, payment methods, etc) and add the products with their quantity. Then, you can use either the order status change, or the email button at the top to email the customer.

In the frontend, you would do it like a normal customer: add the products to the cart, checkout, and when you reach the payment gateway, don't pay (or do if you have the credit card information on hand). The customer will receive automatically the emails and if you don't pay for him, he will have a payment link on the order creation email so that he can do it on his own (based on how you configure your shop).

I think that the easiest would be the frontend. However, it will be more flexible in the backend. For example, in the backend you can enter any price you want for the products, change the shipping fees, etc if you don't want the default values that other customers have on the frontend.

5 years 18 hours ago #305919

Hi,

Backend could indeed work. But, When its an already existing customer its a bit cumbersome since you need to re-enter his address information. Anyway we can avoid this?

For the frontend im not sure if it can work.
- We would need the password of existing customers.
- For new customers. We are working with an email confirmation during the registration. So would not be able to continue the order entry.
Is there anyway to login (only for instance for administrator) in the frontend with the userid of a customer (without entering/ knowing/changing his password)... Some applications allow sometimes to login as an other user.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 hours ago #305925

Hi,

1. That's not what I have when I try on me end. After I select a user for an order, I have an option to use the address of the user for the order:
monosnap.com/file/5LOdgPquadk3fWEzeL1P3W4sRZVckw
Maybe the user you tried with didn't had any address ?

2. Indeed, you would need the password of the user account for existing accounts, so that wouldn't be possible.
And the email validation would be a problem from new users.
For new users, you could potentially do a guest checkout if you have that mode activated for your checkout.
An alternative could be to use HikaMarket front edition:
www.hikashop.com/hikamarket-front-end.html
With it, you can create orders from the frontend via the "new" button of the orders listing of your main vendor, similiarily as you would do in the backend, but with a slickier interface.

4 years 11 months ago #305931

That worked Nicilos, txs.

Of course i didnt see the checkbox to copy the addresses. In mu usecase this should be defaulted to yes. But,ok i know now.

For the front end option im using a dummy email address ( one of mine). After email confirmation I change it to the customers email.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds