Hikeshop en AcyMailing Editor are not friends?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
4 years 7 months ago #310727

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Is had an issue that I as Superadmin could edit every product, by someone (say product editor) else that has only the access level to edit product could save the product or when switched to a variant product she needs to login again.

First, I thought that has to do with sessions variables. But couldn't find it. Then I made the product editor account also Super Admin account and did the test again. On that moment the product editor still gets logged out although Superadmin not.

Next step was checking the differences between both accounts. And it seems that the editor was different. Superadmin had Editor JCE and the product editor the default editor (was, in this case, AcyMailing Editor). After setting de default editor to Editor JCE, everything was working well.

It seems that AcyaMailing Editor is not working with Hikashop.

My problem is solved, and I hope that this could also help other users.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 7 months ago #310747

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Note that the editor can be forced for everyone with the "editor" setting, in the HikaShop configuration.
And I'm not surprised the AcyMailing editor wouldn't work for product edition. It was made to work for editing AcyMailing newsletters and nothing else. I would be surprised it even worked to edit Joomla articles.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
4 years 7 months ago #310748

Hi Nicolas,

Agreed. It seems that when you install Acymailing sometimes their editor is set automatically to default. I already informed Acymailing about this. Because I didn't know about this behavior and cost me several hours of debugging, I decide to share this knowledge with other HikaShop users.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds