• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328933

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.muizenhol.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 87.0.4280.8
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : URL

Hello I have read the thread with the cleaner URL but still am puzzled.

www.muizenhol.nl/ hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing
www.muizenhol.nl/ hikashop-menu-for-products-listing

As you can see I have the referral to Hikashop in the URL and want to get rid of that. I have used Joonla menu referring to the Hikashop product layout and Hikashop Category layout. I am no expert, how can I remove the Hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing?

I did not include any pcitures since I have no idea where to look for this.

thanks

Jos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #328936

Hi,

The text hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing and hikashop-menu-for-products-listing in your URLs comes from the alias of the menu item used to display the products listing / product details page.
So you can't totally remove it, since the alias of the current menu item is necessary for Joomla's routing to know which menu item to use to display the current page.
However, you can change that text to something else (like for example just "shop", by changing the alias of the menu item.
So you need to go in your Joomla menu manager and look for the menu items with these aliases to change them.

Also, if you have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration, the system will use the canonical URL of the categories and products instead of generating the URL based on the current menu item. So if that option is activated, you'll have to either update the canonical URL of the products or empty it after you modifiy the alias of the menu item so that the URLs are still valid and use these new aliases.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328979

Thanks that worked for me.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds