• Thank you received: 2
3 years 1 month ago #331009

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

does hikashop have google maps?

i mean for tracking or any google map with directions?

i saw HikaShop geolocation plugin, what is this for?

any product with google maps?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 1 month ago #331029

Hi,

There are several things with Google Maps. The question is more what you want to do with it...
Here is a list that I think of:
- there is a map type for reports so that you can get a map of the sales per country. This is displayed with Google Maps.
- www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/250...shipping-plugin.html to display shipping methods based on the address of the user and a radius around a specific place (for local delivery for example)
- www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/247-address-auto-fill.html to help the customers enter their addresses on the shop
- www.joomunited.com/news/my-maps-location...p-hikamarket-edition to find products / vendors on a map
- www.hellomaps.net/joomla-google-maps/hel...p-map-extension.html places your products on maps
- extensions.favthemes.com/favlocation to display the location of your store on a map

The following user(s) said Thank You: ronron

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338890

Does the Address-auto-fill automatically add Zip/Post Codes? Demo and APIs don't seem very clear on this
I need UK Post Codes for accuracy
Also can you search by Post Code and select relevant address - this is the most common way most sites seem to work

Thanks

2 years 2 months ago #338909

Hi,

The address auto fill plugin will add an extra input field at the beginning of the address form.
This input field will use Google Maps API so that when you type text in the input field, it will directly display a couple of addresses matching with what you type in it as a dropdown selector right below the input. And when you click on one of them, the system will fill all the address fields it can with the information provided by Google Maps, which includes the post code.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #338939

Thanks for the fast response Nicolas.

I saw a post on stackoverflow that this is not available in the UK - don't know if this is accurate
stackoverflow.com/questions/383444/gener...based-on-uk-postcode

Also, 2nd question was can you search by post code rather than actual address. I think this is more efficient, only 6 characters to type in e.g. SW19 5XY and also more accurate because there may be several High Streets and user can easily select the wrong one. I suspect your answer will be "No" if UK postcodes are not available in the first place.

Thanks

2 years 2 months ago #338940

Hi,

Google Maps doesn't find the post code you provided:
i.imgur.com/JycTacX.png

I found the address "12 Compton Road, Wimbledon, London, England, SW19 7QD" on google.
If I start writing 12 compton road in the auto fill field, I get presented with this:
i.imgur.com/GJjyRvq.png
And if I select it, I get the post code auto filled, as well as the country, the city and the street name/number field:
i.imgur.com/r4n5hQO.png

Now, if I only type the post code, it finds the street / city / country:
i.imgur.com/XFeBWaO.png
but it can't fill in the road number for you.
And so you end up with this:
i.imgur.com/BCJJgAL.png

So basically, it works as much as possible with the data it has but it's not in your head either.
Finally, note that it will try to geolocate you if you allow it. If you accept, it will be able to propose results more accurately since it will know where you are and thus will propose addresses near you which have a higher probably of matching.
On my end, I just have to enter my street number (145) in the field and the first result suggested will be my address, so it would help quite a lot.

The following user(s) said Thank You: xgenics

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339055

Thanks for that very detailed reply, much appreciated
I'll purchase the add-on and see how I get on, got to be better than not having it at all

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339211

Hi Nicolas,
I've bought the plugin and it works great.

There are two things I am struggling with if you can help

1. Is there any way/code modification to restrict the search to the UK only?

2. The state/county field has to be selected manually because the default is a dropdown selector. I tried changing this to text in config but didn't work. Any way to populate automatically by the plugin?

2 years 2 months ago #339215

Hi,

1. While there is no option for that in the plugin, you can easily change that in the code.
Edit the file media/auto_fill/js/auto_fill.js via FTP and change the code:

billing_autocomplete = new google.maps.places.Autocomplete(billing, {types: ['geocode']});
to:
billing_autocomplete = new google.maps.places.Autocomplete(billing, {types: ['geocode']}, componentRestrictions: { country: ["uk"] });
and the code:
shipping_autocomplete = new google.maps.places.Autocomplete(shipping, {types: ['geocode']});
to:
shipping_autocomplete = new google.maps.places.Autocomplete(shipping, {types: ['geocode']}, componentRestrictions: { country: ["uk"] });

2. The state / county field is automatically filled on my end for a French address, but the Google Maps API doesn't return the appropriate information for a UK address. The data we use to fill that field are returned with the names: administrative_area_level_1 and administrative_area_level_2. For a UK address, the first one returns "England" and the second is not provided. So the plugin doesn't have the information to set that field. I would recommend disabling the field if you don't need it for England addresses.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339490

Appreciate that but could not get it to work - I get a syntax error message, but uploaded it anyway, but does not seem to work
I'm not a coder so hard to correct

2 years 2 months ago #339496

Hi,

I would need a link to the page with the issue in order to look a the situation. Could you provide that ?

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds